ATX Community

PortalSafe?

Janitor Bob

• 1 month later...
On 2/5/2016 at 11:11 AM, lynn EA in Louisiana said:

I use virtru to encrypt emails - $48 a year (free for the client).  I've had good remarks on it from my clients.

Well I've been using Virtru for free with mixed results. About half the people I send emails to, tell me they can't figure it out. I knew this was going to happen. Of course, even when I send password protected pdf attachments, there are clients who can't open it, or they tell me there's no place to enter a password.

I should fire all of my computer incompetent clients!

• Like 2

I have PortalSafe. For some clients it works great and is very easy, while I have others who just don't get it and give up trying to retrieve and/or upload files. Because of that, I switched this year to ShareFile, which is more expensive but is so easy to send and receive encrypted files. I almost forgot to cancel my monthly PortalSafe subscription, until I saw this topic, since we were holding onto the service while we tested ShareFile. Thanks for the reminder!

• 4 months later...

I am going to resurrect this thread.

Just renewed ATX for 2016.  Does anyone use PortalSafe as available from ATX?

Rates?  What is the client experience like? Can I create the PDF at the same time that I print (Paper-client/PDF-Rich's File) the client's return?

20-30 clients a year ask for copies of their returns... it really isn't that big of a hassle for me to send them a copy.

What else?

Rich

Have use Portal Safe for years with TaxWise very few problems works well with 90% of clients. People who are federal workers and try to use work computers have problems. Also some large company computer networks also have problems.