ATX Community

SUddenly Recognizes me as a PRS Account

Yardley CPA

Hello, Fellow ATXer's.  I've gotten a late start this year and rolled over my first 1040 return.  It appears in my 2015 Return Manager as having successfully rolled over from 2014.  The problem is trying to open the return.  It says there are no PRS Funds Available and will not allow me to open the return until I add funds.  I am not PRS, hever have been.   My Credit Card info is up-to-date..

I am on with Chat now but was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and how it was rectified.   

Thank you. 

I just got off with tech support and am borderline furious.  I have MAX and have had for many years.  The tech is now telling me that I have to purchase a separate Ohio cities package that my rep 'must have forgotten to tell me' or didn't include the install code.  On the website, MAX shows it includes ALL localities, ALL states, and ALL efiling.  And now I have to wait until tomorrow to contact dear Kyle, my rep.  Grrrrr......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Margaret CPA in OH said:

I just got off with tech support and am borderline furious.  I have MAX and have had for many years.  The tech is now telling me that I have to purchase a separate Ohio cities package that my rep 'must have forgotten to tell me' or didn't include the install code.  On the website, MAX shows it includes ALL localities, ALL states, and ALL efiling.  And now I have to wait until tomorrow to contact dear Kyle, my rep.  Grrrrr......

I hope it's only that an install code is needed, not that you have to purchase a separate package.  I don't blame you for being mad; I would be too.

• Like 1

I'm curious what they tell you tomorrow, but I don't think you HAVE to buy the city package. It looks to me like they have added the ability to efile the RITA 37 form at least, but only if you buy a MUCH more expensive package than MAX. You can just tell MAX to remove the EFile forms and paper file like last year. I am still annoyed that the new EFiling capability is not included in my "unlimited" MAX package, and more than annoyed that they've made the form less capable than last year for those of us who continue to paper file. For example, RITA 37 no longer pulls the address from the 1040, but now forces you to retype it.