ATX Community

Direct Deposit (into sons account)

ILLMAS

If anyone is matching the name on the DD to the name on the checking account, it's the bank.  So, ask them.  Or, have her receive a check to begin with.  A few extra days vs. a few extra weeks or more if the bank returns a DD to the IRS.  Or, have her open a passbook savings account.  I don't do bank products, but there are some options there, also.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Lion EA said:

If anyone is matching the name on the DD to the name on the checking account, it's the bank.  So, ask them.  Or, have her receive a check to begin with.  A few extra days vs. a few extra weeks or more if the bank returns a DD to the IRS.  Or, have her open a passbook savings account.  I don't do bank products, but there are some options there, also.

I agree with Lion.  Even though in years past I have seen most banks accept the deposit even if the name doesn't match, that doesn't mean this won't be the year that they place stricter protocols in place to prevent fraud.  I would rather get the check in the mail a week to ten days later than to go through the process of requesting the check after the ACH has failed.

• Like 1