ATX Community

Mute button

rfassett

Called a client a couple of days ago and got a message that the client could not be reached at this time because the mute button had been activated on his phone. (Note this was a land line phone.)  WHERE DO I GET ONE OF THOSE!!!!!!!!

Geez - I am six hours into this day already and due to the walk in distractions and multiple, multiple non-sense telephone calls, I have got one return completed.  I think I need a mute button on my phone and on my front door.

Needing to average eight returns a day between now and the end - one in six hours won't get that done.

Thanks for letting me vent!

• Like 7

Get an iphone, there is this little side button that occasionally gets moved and when you can't figure out why you have so many missed calls and say to yourself, geesh I am going deaf, I had the phone with me all day and it never rang......  Safe yourself from calling Apple, best bet is to check that sneaky button or switch  :spaz:

• Like 5

My Samsung has a button on the left edge.  I wondered why my ring and text sound was so low.  It used to be louder.  I was looking all around the settings to change the volume.  I accidentally discovered this button on the left edge was to adjust volume.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jack from Ohio said:

Any telephone can be turned off or unplugged.  My desk phone (hard wired REAL telephone) has a mute button that stops the ringer.  Voicemail is a remarkable feature!

If all else fails, a hammer does a GREAT job.  It is rather permanent, though.  :P

• Like 5

6 hours ago, rfassett said:

Needing to average eight returns a day between now and the end - one in six hours won't get that done.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Does this mean that you do NOT subscribe to the NEW MATH?   6 x 1 x 18 (hours left in day) = all you want to accomplish.   Is that not how the NEW stuff works?   remember the /s.

• Like 2

Just now, easytax said:

Does this mean that you do NOT subscribe to the NEW MATH?   6 x 1 x 18 (hours left in day) = all you want to accomplish.   Is that not how the NEW stuff works?   remember the /s.

Well, alas, I must subscribe to that new math.  Here it is just 6 plus hours later and after I summarily chased one client out, I completed two 1040s and five 1120s since my original post and my eight are done.  The client "chase out" went like this:

Client: Hey Ron - you got a minute?

Me: Not really but what's up?

Client: Begins to sit in the chair across my desk

Me: If you are going to sit down there this is going to take more than a minute and I do not have more than a minute to give you right now.

Client: OK. I have decided to incorporate and need to know what kind of corporation I should be.

(Editorial note - I have discussed this issue with this client ad nauseam over the past five years.)

Me: You need to have an attorney form a corporation and we will take care of electing the S status.

Client: Why do I want to be an S status?

Me: Your minute is up - we can continue this discussion after April 15th.  Good bye!

Client: Oh OK.  I can see you are busy!

Me:  MARTHA - GET MY GUN!!!!!!!!!

• Like 5