ATX Community

My pet peave

rfassett

I think I get this call every year and it ALWAYS hits my hot button.

Caller says (or something like this), I called you because I think the other person that could answer my question is busy.  (Note - the other person in this case is retired and wintering in Florida).

I think I hurt my hand when I slammed it down on the desk.

How in the world did the caller know that I was just sitting around waiting for him to call me.

• Like 2

Just now, Lion EA said:

cannot practice law

Exactly what I was about to post!

We had an EA here that the DE Bar Assn went after. He was doing a lot more than answering questions. He had a cease and desist order placed on him, he continued to practice and incurred huge fines. He is also now a case study in the seminars that are taught by several of the better known CPE providers.

• Like 3

A friend of mine used to have a phone number that was two-digits-reversed from the local pizza joint.  Folks would call for delivery and she'd tell them they had mis-dialed.  But some who called - usually late - and drunk (because it was late) refused to believe her.  So she would take the order.... they never called back.  If they called an hour later to gripe about the non-arrival of their pizza, the pizza place got the call.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2016 at 0:48 PM, Lion EA said:

I have one who calls with legal questions.  I always tell her they are legal questions and to call her lawyer.  She always says that he charges her for phone calls so she calls me instead.

Your reply should be "So do I, it goes into your return fee."  It's honest, it's fair, and it will make them think twice next time.  

• Like 3