ATX Community

This is why I left Thomson Reuters product line several years ago

rfassett

According to my calendar - it is March 10th - smack in the middle of the "busy season" for all of us.

Thompson Reuters uses this time to do their telemarketing.  I do not hang up on many people - but I just hung up on that caller.

I don't care WHAT you are selling - today I am neither interested nor a good prospect.

I should clarify that my first degree is in Marketing - and I spent several years in sales.  There is a time and place for everything!

• Like 8

I received an email from one Thompson rep requesting a time to chat or to reply that I was not interested. So far so good. Not interested and I never heard back.

Two days later, I received another email from a different Thompson rep, Judith, with the same sort of email. I replied again that I wasn't interested and to not contact me again. I then received "I'm sorry to hear that, let me leave you with these thoughts....".  My reply, "which part of 'do not contact me again' didn't you understand?"  BLOCKED!

Judith is the last type of rep I want to deal with since from my very first reply it was evident that she wasn't listening to ME, the potential customer.

• Like 5

I get phone calls from them often and often during tax season.  Sometimes they email during tax season to ask to talk after season, but that's not much better.  Several years ago, I did evaluate their product.  It wasn't better than my ProSystem fx and it was a lot more expensive.  But, I don't think I'd buy from them unless their product was absolutely amazing and free, because I don't like their pushy sales tactics.  As Judy said, they don't act as if they're trying to help me.

• Like 4

I use their depreciation program that would be unaffordable to me except that I purchased many years ago and have only the license renewal each year so it becomes comparable in price to others on the market, otherwise I'd be shopping too.  I agree about the policy on technical help and customer service. It is not a lie, they really do charge by the minute. I had to pay some ridiculous price for a couple of minutes help one year when their new program wouldn't install properly.