ATX Community

One and done!

rfassett

Completed 464; filed 40 extensions today; still have 10 corps on extension; have one 6 to 8 hour return to do tomorrow. And then I am done. It truly does feel good to run the business instead of the business running me.

Good luck to all of you as you race to the finish line!

btw, those extensions were all because we did not have the info.

• Like 6

I'm only starting my extensions tomorrow. I have some that are in prep already that I'll likely finish because I'm mostly just reviewing, a bunch that have just come in that I've told are on extension (anyone in the last two weeks or so) and some I am struggling through. 

Almost all my extensions are in.  A couple from whom I am awaiting signature doc's only and if I don't have those by Friday they go on extension too.  This week I'm going back to look for folks who should send in money.  After being dead int eh water for eight days, I made the decision that getting all extensions submitted for all clients was more important than any other consideration.

I keep moving when I'm filing extensions later and later due to preparing one more return, often to get a complainer off my back (I know I shouldn't reward them, but trying to reduce MY stress).  Have a chiropractor's appointment today which I really need, being hunched over a computer for way too many hours each day.  Tomorrow I'm at a biz client's site all day and one of our orientation/training sessions for Appalachia Service Project for three hours, plus driving to another town and back, at night.  (Kentucky this year, won't know the county and town until early June.)  And, one sign/pick-up in person on Friday.  Uploading a lot to FileShare on my web site, and retired hubby's delivering returns and getting signatures and schmoozing with most of my local clients so I can keep working.  Everyone seems to have a new wrinkle this year, plus a few minutes (or more!) on Obamacare re each return.  I'm not going to complete the one I thought, the ones I promised.  I hate ending the season with unhappy clients.  So, overall, more extensions that I'd planned for. 

• Like 2