ATX Community

No received 1099's

Client's son manages all mother's affairs as she is in Alzheimer's unit care.  Father died December 2014 and surviving spouse is receiving annuity payments, teacher's retirement benefits, SS death benefits and IRA distributions but son has not received any reporting documents for 2015.

Mother's medical expenses with negate any federal taxable income but perhaps not state.  Any ideas on how to get a copy of what has been reported to date to IRS?  I've gotten transcripts after filing but not beforehand.  I have advised son to contact all agencies to get these 1099's but wonder if it is possible to see what has already been reported.

Thanks!

Thanks again.  I realize that I don't need a transcript.  That's what I indicated initially because a return hasn't been filed.  I am asking, obviously not clearly, how to request from IRS a list of reported Forms 1099 from IRS.  I could only find out how to request a transcript from an already filed return but not how to request a list of reported income.

My apologies if this still isn't clear.  I don't want or need a transcript that doesn't exist.  I need a list of reported income but do not see how to do that.

If you want it for 2015, you have to wait until August 1st, 2016 and file form4506-t and select this:

Form W-2, Form 1099 series, Form 1098 series, or Form 5498 series transcript. The IRS can provide a transcript that includes data from these information returns. State or local information is not included with the Form W-2 information. The IRS may be able to provide this transcript information for up to 10 years. Information for the current year is generally not available until the year after it is filed with the IRS. For example, W-2 information for 2011, filed in 2012, will likely not be available from the IRS until 2013. If you need W-2 information for retirement purposes, you should contact the Social Security Administration at 1-800-772-1213. Most requests will be processed within 10 business days .

Caution: If you need a copy of Form W-2 or Form 1099, you should first contact the payer. To get a copy of the Form W-2 or Form 1099 filed with your return, you must use Form 4506 and request a copy of your return, which includes all attachments.