ATX Community

SEE2

grmy2h

So excited to SEE this.  I think you are now Queen of the SEE and it doesn't even matter.  Woo hoo, good for you, Debbie! 

I'm taking SEE1 first because I lack the moxie to do what you did.   Thanks for posting this - very glad for you.  :D 

• Like 7

15 minutes ago, grmy2h said:

I only did it because I was scared I would pass the others and never pass 2 so I made up my mind to tackle it first.  Now the question is... Did I pass it?  I won't know that until August... But onward anyway. 

Oh, I forgot!  They don't tell us the results immediately if we take an exam before Aug 14.  (Psssshhh, you passed.)

• Like 4

When I took the SEE you couldn't choose which part to take. It was a 2 day event, parts 1 and 2 one day, parts 3 and 4 the next. IRS gave you a pencil (no prometric in those days). After part 3, which I thought was unbelievably hard, I met one of the persons who took the same SEE prep course, he says to me "Joe, that wasn't a #2 pencil they gave us, it was a #2 dart!"

Good luck to all of you taking the SEE.

• Like 4

I also passed part 2 first.  Then 3 days later I took parts 1 & 3 the same day.  I doubt you will have any trouble with either part.

I would recommend that  you print out and read (It is the most dull reading you will ever do) the newest version of Circular 230.  There were some changes approx. 3-4 years ago.  Just read through it, and go take the tests.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Jack from Ohio said:

I also passed part 2 first.  Then 3 days later I took parts 1 & 3 the same day.  I doubt you will have any trouble with either part.

I would recommend that  you print out and read (It is the most dull reading you will ever do) the newest version of Circular 230.  There were some changes approx. 3-4 years ago.  Just read through it, and go take the tests.

That's great Jack. I hope I can pass it the first time and not have to back-track. I studied for 2 about 6 weeks. I'm going to try to spread 1 and 3 out about 4 weeks each. i purchased Passkey EA Review and really like it with the practice tests and the website practice exams.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, grmy2h said:

That's great Jack. I hope I can pass it the first time and not have to back-track. I studied for 2 about 6 weeks. I'm going to try to spread 1 and 3 out about 4 weeks each. i purchased Passkey EA Review and really like it with the practice tests and the website practice exams.

Your passing status is good for 2 years.  If you have more than 5 years of experience and don't get stressed and overthink the questions, you will do just fine.

The first time I took the tests was about 5 years ago.  I took all 3 the same day.  Passed 1 & 3 but flunked #2.  Over the next 2 years I took #2 three more times to no avail.  Then I put 1 entire year of intense study (Gleim) and a multitude of tax form classes to pass #2.  This time I passed #2, then turned around and took the other 2.  Glad it is behind me so I do not have to play the IRS's stupid games with "designations."  I can help my clients with the IRS and anyone else that needs assistance now and the IRS must listen to me.

• Like 4

21 hours ago, JMovichEA said:

When I took the SEE you couldn't choose which part to take. It was a 2 day event, parts 1 and 2 one day, parts 3 and 4 the next. IRS gave you a pencil (no prometric in those days). After part 3, which I thought was unbelievably hard, I met one of the persons who took the same SEE prep course, he says to me "Joe, that wasn't a #2 pencil they gave us, it was a #2 dart!"

The stress was unbelievable since it was a 1x per year test and you didn't find out your score for months! I'd never done another persons tax return before sitting for it and I'm not sure if that was helpful or harmful. 

My niece is taking the nursing boards this week - her freaking out about it reminded me of that test. The stress of having to admit to your co-workers and former students that you failed - wow. When I took the CFP exam - literally nobody except some co-students in a class I took even knew I was in the program.

• Like 5