ATX Community

Depreciation - Needs hugs

jasdlm

New client has been self-preparing returns.  Can't figure out how to print out a depreciation schedule from the DIY software, and all I've got are the 4562 forms and a pile of screen shot entry summary disasters.  (He brought his laptop, and I tried looking, too.  No dice.) I really can't sort it out in any way that makes sense.  An asset on the 2013 4562 changed in value by 2015.  No idea why.  

The best thing that I see is that in 2014, there was a $60,000 remodel on one of the properties, and client took a 179 deduction for the entire thing.  

Client makes too much money to utilize the passive loss, so piling up suspended losses that will probably never be used, including 179 deduction.

Needs a hug, for sure.  I've been working on this for 3 hours, and I've got nuttin', except obviously a 2014 amendment, if I decide I can stand it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jasdlm said:

New client has been self-preparing returns.  Can't figure out how to print out a depreciation schedule from the DIY software, and all I've got are the 4562 forms and a pile of screen shot entry summary disasters.  (He brought his laptop, and I tried looking, too.  No dice.) I really can't sort it out in any way that makes sense.  An asset on the 2013 4562 changed in value by 2015.  No idea why.  

The best thing that I see is that in 2014, there was a $60,000 remodel on one of the properties, and client took a 179 deduction for the entire thing.  

Client makes too much money to utilize the passive loss, so piling up suspended losses that will probably never be used, including 179 deduction.

Needs a hug, for sure.  I've been working on this for 3 hours, and I've got nuttin', except obviously a 2014 amendment, if I decide I can stand it.

Are you at least charging for your time?