ATX Community

The Walking Dead

BLACK BART

1 hour ago, jklcpa said:

Well, I'm sorry to hear what you go through, B.  I don't sleep well either, but nothing like that.

My comment was in response to what Rich said after I made the comment saying my husband said I should scrap the biz and do something else and Rich replied that his wife has learned not to suggest a different job because this is his career, blah, blah, blah.

Well, this is my career too, been doing this since '81 and don't see that changing any time soon.  I was venting one night and husband understands that, even if I described it wrong on here. Sorry I even mentioned it at all. 

Oh, please mention anything and everything!  You are such a great source of comfort and knowledge, and my role model for grace under pressure. :)

• Like 2

Dear BHoffman,

I'm also very sorry to hear of your extremely stressful situation.  Mine (and maybe some others here too) pales by comparison and I apologize if I inadvertently made light of the severe struggle you've undergone.  I suppose there's not much practical help anyone can offer in such matters, but we can listen, sympathize, and pray that things work out and fall into place for you.  While I'm fairly new around here, this is the nicest bunch of people and posters I've ever encountered and I'm sure they are all thinking of you and pulling for you. 

Best wishes and tell that husband of yours you've got lots of friends here who are going to be really mad at him if he doesn't try and turn things around for you.   

Sincerely, BB

• Like 5

BHoffman, vent away any time you need to. You are among friends here that understand the stress, and it's better to not hold that in. 

And then there's this:

3 hours ago, BHoffman said:

Oh, please mention anything and everything!  You are such a great source of comfort and knowledge, and my role model for grace under pressure. :)

*spins around to see if someone is behind me*  Is there someone back there that you are speaking to, surely not me!  Grace under pressure?!  I have to say, that actually made me laugh out loud because I'm a stubborn Taurus, blunt and with a bull in a china shop attitude that pops out, usually at the worst moment possible.  :blush:     

Thanks for the chuckle. If I didn't like my current avatar so much I should change it to something much more representative, perhaps something like this:

58f2b18e87843_Tazdevil.thumb.jpg.9bd5b1a77955bf21b3d089db4e1f9db2.jpg

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Jack from Ohio said:

create a liquid

We have a carrier!!

Azone is a solvent absorbed through the skin, and will transport stuff with it.  See http://www.bioline.org.br/pdf?pr09023  "Chemical Penetration Enhancers for Transdermal Drug Delivery Systems" by Pathan and Setty.

Now all we need is the drug.  Hmm.... I have a couple of clients who work for big pharma companies.  

• Like 3

We have a friend who wants a phone with Caller IQ - so he only has to bother answering if the caller is smart enough to bother with.

Trouble is, I have lots of "smart" clients who think that a PhD in rocket science translates directly into tax expertise.  Nope; sorry; utter lack of one-to-one correspondence.  Go back to babysitting your radar dish, buddy. 

• Like 4