ATX Community

Premiere Opinion virus

Terry D EA

Just thought I would let everyone know there is a virus that is called "Premiere Opinion" this can also be label with the words "voice5". This is adware that will come piggy backed onto some other website. It will try to get you to answer surveys that literally go no where. I don't know all the ins and outs but some how it got into my machine and tied to take over all of my browsers. I recognized this is non-responsive, can reach website's etc. At one time, I saw a survey with the name premiere opinion and didn't know what it was. Anyway, this is easy to remove. Go to control panel and add and remove programs to uninstall it. Yes, I have byte fence and windows defender but it did get by them. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

I was curious, so I checked online. This is what is called an "adware" program which collects info from your computer then forwards it to a website where the information is used to target your computer with lots of spam and unwanted ads. Supposedly this program has been around a number of years. I have ended with several of these on my computer in past years.

While they can be very annoying they are not as dangerous as a virus or a trojan.

• Like 2

From time to time I get the flash player update pop up.  I know not to click on it and have tried to remove it as per instructions I found online, but every so often, it’s back. 

No clicking on surveys or links unless they are from trusted sources like those from you guys.