ATX Community

Can't Create E-file (Form 941)

kludge

Sorry to post it here, but the internal ATX Community just seems to not allow me to post.  After 20 attempts of it going 'NO SHOW' on me.  This is my last attempt.

I ran into small issue with FORM 941 hoping someone here in the community has the same and solved it.

My client over-deposit their monthly payroll during the 3 months in 4th Quarter.  Therefore, they have a refund which I asked to be refunded in a check.  However, ATX Payroll Program does NOT ALLOW me to create any EFILE because it says the amount does not BALANCE and gave me a red colored warning.  I CAN'T EFILE. 

I hope I don't have to send it in by PAPER.  

Sean

It's not a bother and you are welcome to stay. I don't use ATX any more, but the system should allow e-filing even if the return shows an overpayment. Are you sure that the error doesn't relate to something else that doesn't tie together? I'd start by looking at the 3 month's liability amounts on page 2 of the 941 and make sure that the total of those in part 2, line 16 is in agreement with line 12 on page 1.

• Like 1

Thank you Judy,

I am more than 1 foot out the door with ATX for next year.  I have the MAX package every year.  Enough with that.

Regarding page 2 of form 941... Yes my client have made all 3 months (Oct - Dec) deposits but when I compute the actual tax, it is $153 less than what they had ALREADY deposited. Therefore, have an overpayment of $153.  I can't just change the monthly deposit to reflect the actual tax because it wouldn't be correct. This imbalanced has caused ATX Payroll to NOT create the E-File so I can transmit. 

What to do?

Hate to have to call support.

Sean

Part 2, line 16 is for reporting the monthly liability, not the deposits. That is your problem. The total show in part 2 must agree with line 12 on page one.  In your client's case, it will not agree with line 13.  Line 13 is where the deposits are reported. IRS knows when the deposits were made and will match those up with the liability reported in part 2.

• Like 2

HOLY COW!!!!

Totally forgot about that.  Thank you! Thank you!  Thank you!  You are absolutely correct. Why did I feel that it must MATCH the DEPOSIT??? What a dumb dumb!  That jumped my mind. Very grateful for your help Judy.  I hope you are getting paid for your kind heart. 

Have a blessed weekend.

Sean

15 hours ago, kludge said:

What a dumb dumb! 

We ALL get that way, at times.  We beat our heads around one problem and get tunnel vision, and cannot see the actual problem.  That comprises  two of the excellent attributes of this forum:  first that we (sometimes, not always!) get to take a step back as we are describing our issues, and second that our colleagues can see the stumbling blocks that we are too close to notice.

I have also noticed a strange but persistent tendency for answers to stay hidden until I hit "submit" on a query, and then suddenly they jump out from under whatever they were hiding in!

• Like 3

Q: if you have the payroll module, can you file quarterly returns electronically?  And is it as straightforward like submitting 1099’s?

For the past years I have been using it for efiling 1099s and always paper printed quarterly returns and have clients mail them.  QB has the option but requires prior IRS approval.

As much as I hate CCH, I must say the PR and 1099 programs are excellent, and even the MAX program is worth the money.   The support, Marketing and sales from CCH are $h1T, but the program is why I stay.   But without this board (not the rah-rah board that CCH shut down when we complained), the software would be $h1t as well, because support at CCH is $h1t.

Sorry, not meaning to rant.

Tom
Modesto, CA

14 hours ago, BulldogTom said:

As much as I hate CCH, I must say the PR and 1099 programs are excellent, and even the MAX program is worth the money.   The support, Marketing and sales from CCH are $h1T, but the program is why I stay.   But without this board (not the rah-rah board that CCH shut down when we complained), the software would be $h1t as well, because support at CCH is $h1t.

Sorry, not meaning to rant.

Tom
Modesto, CA

http://www.epicfail.com/2018/01/16/im-getting-tired-bullshit-tom/