ATX Community

Split

Pacun

Family of four husband, wife and two children ages 20, and 21 and NOT students.  Couple also claim Wife's mother.
ACA Advanced payments list the couple and two children. Wife's mother also got ACA advance payments.
One of the children made about $10K so she will be filing her own return and I am planning to assign 50% of ACA advanced payments.  Couple makes about 50K so they are NOT over 400% of poverty level. Advanced payments for couple and children are $600 per month. Advanced payments for wife's mother was $500 per month. This is the first time I am going to split ACA advanced payment and due to the fact that we only have two more weeks, I don't have time to research. Has anyone had this situation before and tell ? me if it is correct that each month I will enter $800 (half of $600 plus $500 for wife's mother)? Also, will this couple have a choice in claiming the mother or they are stocked since they supported her and she got advanced ACA.

Thank you in advance.

If the mother had her own insurance, she should have her own 1095B, so her insurance payments/advances are not allocated.    You can allocate the family's advances any way you want, including giving 100% to the parents.  Since the daughter will not have any taxable income and is likely below the poverty level, I'd do just that.

• Like 1

Wouldn't it be better to give 100% to the daughter?

I have been told that I need to get the second-lowest-cost-silver-plan-slcsp amount for each return... has any one know how to get this information from the MD exchange. If yes, please share the link.  I have been briefly on the MD exchange website and it seems to be a bit hard.

19 minutes ago, Pacun said:

Wouldn't it be better to give 100% to the daughter?

I have been told that I need to get the second-lowest-cost-silver-plan-slcsp amount for each return... has any one know how to get this information from the MD exchange. If yes, please share the link.  I have been briefly on the MD exchange website and it seems to be a bit hard.

Did you see this page on MD exchange's site.  It has its own worksheets to help the user determine the premiums, with specific instructions starting on page 4 and charts of the benchmark premiums by age, depending on the county.  It's all I could find. Hope this helps:

https://www.marylandhealthconnection.gov/assets/mhc_Form1095_Worksheet.pdf

• Like 1