ATX Community

e-file center in the evenings

Catherine

Has anyone else noticed this?

This year, I can e-file all day long and returns go through. HOWEVER -- between about 6PM and 9PM (Eastern time), I can't connect to the EFC servers _at all_. No submissions, no rejections (can't say I mind _that_ part), no acceptances, -no acks of any kind. Get a red-type "cannot connect to server" error.

I could understand doing daily maintenance, or having busy times -- but several hours, _every_ evening???

So, folks, -- do I just have really bad ATX-evening karma? Or is this more widespread?

Catherine

This year, I can e-file all day long and returns go through. HOWEVER -- between about 6PM and 9PM (Eastern time), I can't connect to the EFC servers _at all_. No submissions, no rejections (can't say I mind _that_ part), no acceptances, -no acks of any kind. Get a red-type "cannot connect to server" error.

I could understand doing daily maintenance, or having busy times -- but several hours, _every_ evening???

So, folks, -- do I just have really bad ATX-evening karma? Or is this more widespread?

Catherine

Today was my first day for e-filing. I did two returns during the time you mentioned above, and they went through OK. Currently, it has "Validated by EFC" as a status.

Catherine

That sounds like an internet provider traffic or bandwith problem. I have e-filed many during the timeframe you mentioned. Never any problems of any pattern. On any given day, at any given time, the internet highway may be having a traffic problem.

That sounds like an internet provider traffic or bandwith problem. I have e-filed many during the timeframe you mentioned. Never any problems of any pattern. On any given day, at any given time, the internet highway may be having a traffic problem.

I could tell that it was a server/traffic/bandwidth problem. But if no one else is noticing the issue, then it's probably a local phenomenon. Folks getting home from work and logging in to World of Warcraft.... then I can't reach the ATX servers before the connection times out.

But, if others were having trouble too, then it would have pointed to the ATX servers getting overloaded.

Thanks.

Catherine

• 4 weeks later...

I could tell that it was a server/traffic/bandwidth problem. But if no one else is noticing the issue, then it's probably a local phenomenon. Folks getting home from work and logging in to World of Warcraft.... then I can't reach the ATX servers before the connection times out.

But, if others were having trouble too, then it would have pointed to the ATX servers getting overloaded.

Thanks.

Catherine

this is the first day I have had issues with the same problem. Been behaving like that since about 3pm Eastern time. Just tried again 12PM EST still same issue. rest of the internet stuff is fine. Just Rome GA LOl