ATX Community

Windows 10 Update

Randall

I recently downloaded a Windows update.  It took a long time.  It seems like a major update.  My system is now showing Version 1909, OS Build 18363.657.  So far, I don't seem to have any problems with ATX.  Now I'm getting a notice for another update, something to do with net frame stuff.  I put that update on a pause for 7 days.  I remember some years ago having problems with ATX around a net something or other update.  Sorry I'm not a techie.  Anyone else do the Windows update and the follow-up update regarding the net frame stuff?  And anyone having problems?  I'd hate to experience problems with ATX at this time of year.

I, too, remember an issue with a .netframework issue with ATX, but that was prior to 2012, maybe even 10 years ago.  I don't think that is a reason to delay installing this update. A lot has changed since then.

The net framework helps the applications run on the Windows platform and also plays a part in managing resources and memory usage.  I think you should update to the latest version, because in addition to what it does do, continuing to use outdated software when a newer version is available may create a vulnerability that hackers can exploit.