ATX Community

EXTENSION TO JULY 15TH, 2021

WITAXLADY

31 minutes ago, TAXMAN said:

Question? Since this applies to tax returns and payments does this extend IRA contributions as well.

I think it does because I believe the law is written that IRA contributions are due by the tax return due date, although I couldn't find it in the IRC earlier when I was looking for it. I didn't look in the reg's.

@NECPA in NEBRASKA ignore the extensions.  Ignore the clients.  Ignore the tax returns (except as a distraction for you when you need it).  Let it all sit there and rot.  Really.

Any clients who don't understand that you and your husband are both sick at once don't deserve your effort, your time, or your concern.  Anyone who actually cares about YOU will deal with any missed extensions or anything else.  Anyone who doesn't return next year - you don't want them as clients anyway.

You can't help them at all if you don't take care of yourself and your husband.  You are both on my prayer list.

• Like 5