ATX Community

n/t: Stimulate the economy?

elfling

{My hubby brought this home from work and thought others might be amused.}

The federal government is sending $300-$600 rebates. If we spend that money at Wal-Mart, the money will go to China. If we spend it on gasoline it will go to the Arabs, if we purchas a computer it will go to India, if purchase fruit and vegetables it will go to Mexico, Honduras, and Guatemala, if we purchas a good car it will go to Japan, if we purchase useless crap it will go to Taiwan and none of it will help the American economy. The only way to keep that money here at home is to buy prostitutes and beer since these are the only products still produced in the US. Thank you George W for your help!

:wacko:

Amen Booger!

We bought or made a payment on a spa for the river house. Got it three weeks ago, New. Took it to the river and it leaked, then we had an electrical problem with it. Got all that fixed and finally got to get in it over the weekend. Love it! It was made in Florida so it is American.!!!!!!!!!!

The only one I take exception to is the automobile comment.

I believe the american cars are just as good as what the

europeans and japs produce today.

Remember, IF IT'S JAP............ITS CRAP.

All-American Booger

If only American really meant American. I bought a Ford a few years ago and when I started looking over all the information (something I should have done at purchase), only 13% of my vehicle was actually made in the USA.....that was a kick in the butt!

Hondas and Toyotas and Mercedes are made in the US and Fords are made in Mexico. So spend it at your local farmer's market; that way you know its going for local endevors.

Subarus are made in Indiana.

One's local tax preparer keeps the money here, as well. We should all raise our rates! ;)

Catherine

This would all be true if the rebate were actually about stimulating the economy.

The rebate is about buying votes for both political parties in this election year - any positive economic effect is simply a nice side benefit insofar as the politicians are concerned.