ATX Community

Clients' IRS accts show zero balances

Possi

I have 2 clients who have told me that when they go online to pay their taxes due, it shows a zero balance. 

A day later, one of those clients said the site updated with "processing could take 21 days" and he couldn't find a way to pay. It still shows zero balance. 

Anybody else seeing this? 

Is there any solution? 

6 hours ago, Abby Normal said:

I feel your pain. We have the easiest secure email I've ever used and we still get people saying, "It doesn't work." I so badly want to tell them they're stupid, but that's why we have these forums to rant in.

Which secure email do you use?  I need to change.

I've found that Verifyle and my portal are now distant early warnings of encroaching dementia. Couple of clients who never had issues in prior years suddenly "can't get it to work" so I'm watching them carefully and need to get permission to talk to family soonerer rather than laterer.

• Like 6

On 3/17/2022 at 11:14 PM, cbslee said:

She does have family close by, but she doesn't share any personal financial information with most of them.

In addition, I don't know and have never talked to any of them.

She has to have someone; doesn't much matter who.  You need to get permission from her to talk to them.  Phrase it as "help getting things over to you" or something she'll take.