ATX Community

Taxable Crypto

Terry D EA

14 hours ago, Yardley CPA said:

I entered one last night with over a thousand sale events.  Just entered the totals on Schedule D of the total purchase price and sales amount, labeled it as MC.  All good.  

You just summarized it and did t list each transaction? I just had someone drop off their statement with over 100 pages attached. I’m dreading it. 

22 minutes ago, KimR said:

You just summarized it and did t list each transaction? I just had someone drop off their statement with over 100 pages attached. I’m dreading it. 

Kim, 

Please see topic "Huge Cons DIV" where others and I have listed how we do it. 

21 hours ago, KimR said:

That's exactly what I did.  I entered the total proceeds and total cost of all the transactions on two lines, one for short-term and one for long-term.  Used code M and C.  Moved on to the next return. 

• Like 1

They could become collectibles if you frame them on the wall. As I stated on another post, I feel weak when it comes to crypto. 

Even NFTs are not going to be collectibles when some more regulations are drafted. There are L1 and L2 projects that will break the collectibles into pieces and they will not longer be non-fungible which is, currently, a nice distinction from the other cryptos.