ATX Community

Already made up my mind

Booger

Who won the arguement between the little girl and donkey??

Thanks for all the work Eric and I put a check in the mail to you today... THANK YOU for this board I use it almost everyday to learn somthing, It might not be a question I have today but it might come up tomorrow.

This was a two person practice (my dad and I) but he had to medically retire and is opf little or no help to me adn I need this and any helpo I can get. so a big Texas sized thanks to all who contribute all opinions are of some value.

thanks

brett

Hey Booger -- I'm offended that I didn't get to witness the offense that offended everyone. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Such is life. If any of you want to witness a REAL internet argument -- try any dog related group on yahoo or chat board. Or frequent a Doll Collectors board! OOH BOY! Those women will curl your nose hairs!

I took a brief breather from this place for a couple days and am just now catching up on the posts I missed.

I see I'm the topic of yet another re-hashing of Booger following me around on here and insulting my photo (out of left field and with no provocation on my part).

Silly me, I guess, for putting my own photo up here, when I see now that no one else does that. So, today I've replaced my photo with one of my dog. Please try to be adult and not make any juvenile comments, like you can't tell the difference or some such. Of all the places on the internet, I would have never thought that a professional tax board would be the place I'd be ridiculed. Learned something new this year, didn't I?

I want to thank everyone who spoke out or otherwise responded negatively to Booger insulting my appearance. Although I never asked Eric to delete the comments or pm'd him at all, I do appreciate people who can see when *jokes*, if that's what ya call them, cross the line.

I'm going to be real honest and say that the first post ticked me off and made me feel like I was in a Twilight Zone episode, but after reading the second post I began to feel like this dude wasn't going to leave me alone, and mixed with exhaustion and worry about ATX's pitiful acks delay, Booger's taunting got to me. Yes, he made me cry. He made me ask my husband, am I that ugly? And of course, now, my husband wants to drive to Ohio and hurt Booger.

A couple of days away from this place has not cured all of my humiliation, self-doubt, and my dread about being able to come back here and be a part of this place, even though I mostly lurk (hehe, wonder why). But, I have my big girl panties on and like a couple of posters have said, I am able to defend myself. But calling someone blindingly ugly more than once on a tax board really is over the line and in my opinion indefensible, especially when it wasn't even provoked at all. Easy to give out that advice, my friends, and not really applicable. Nor is dismissing what happened by insinuating I should be happy it didn't happen on a doll collectors' board.

I still have a little residual bitterness (and I don't even live in Pa.) towards you, Booger, mostly because I still cannot even fathom why you would take such cheap shots at me (and just saying they were *jokes* doesn't cut it), but I will tell you I acknowledge your apology. Accept it? Maybe in the future. Edited to add: Do you care? I doubt it.

Nor is dismissing what happened by insinuating I should be happy it didn't happen on a doll collectors' board.

Amy, I apologize if you thought my comment was diminishing what was said about or to you (which I have no idea because I didn't see it -- it's called "I'm too BUSY doing tax returns to hang out on forums all day") because that is not what I intended it to appear as. I merely was pointing out when someone said the "internet fight" was over that most of you probably have not seen anything until you witnessed the viciousness and cat fights on some other boards. I quit an Australian Shepherd board because of the fighting.

I have felt like an "outsider" from day one on this board. Not sure why I have felt that way but Booger was one that made me laugh when my days were filled with stress over all this ATX crap.

Again, I apologize to you if you thought my comment was directed at you.

Now, if you all will excuse me, I have a bitch session to attend on a "doll collectors' board." :rolleyes:

Amy,

I, too, missed what was said to you, and I have no idea what Booger was thinking. My best guess is that he's wondering that himself these days.

But I have used a real picture of myself here for quite a few months now. After what you've been through, I may yet substitute the dog. (She's cuter than I am anyway.)

(Not that I haven't been the subject of gratuitous insults, but those were a few years ago, on the original ATX community board. I spent a few days crying over those and had to force myself to come back to defend myself. Still hurts, though.)

Julie

I took a brief breather from this place for a couple days and am just now catching up on the posts I missed.

I see I'm the topic of yet another re-hashing of Booger following me around on here and insulting my photo (out of left field and with no provocation on my part).

Silly me, I guess, for putting my own photo up here, when I see now that no one else does that. So, today I've replaced my photo with one of my dog. Please try to be adult and not make any juvenile comments, like you can't tell the difference or some such. Of all the places on the internet, I would have never thought that a professional tax board would be the place I'd be ridiculed. Learned something new this year, didn't I?

I want to thank everyone who spoke out or otherwise responded negatively to Booger insulting my appearance. Although I never asked Eric to delete the comments or pm'd him at all, I do appreciate people who can see when *jokes*, if that's what ya call them, cross the line.

I'm going to be real honest and say that the first post ticked me off and made me feel like I was in a Twilight Zone episode, but after reading the second post I began to feel like this dude wasn't going to leave me alone, and mixed with exhaustion and worry about ATX's pitiful acks delay, Booger's taunting got to me. Yes, he made me cry. He made me ask my husband, am I that ugly? And of course, now, my husband wants to drive to Ohio and hurt Booger.

A couple of days away from this place has not cured all of my humiliation, self-doubt, and my dread about being able to come back here and be a part of this place, even though I mostly lurk (hehe, wonder why). But, I have my big girl panties on and like a couple of posters have said, I am able to defend myself. But calling someone blindingly ugly more than once on a tax board really is over the line and in my opinion indefensible, especially when it wasn't even provoked at all. Easy to give out that advice, my friends, and not really applicable. Nor is dismissing what happened by insinuating I should be happy it didn't happen on a doll collectors' board.

I still have a little residual bitterness (and I don't even live in Pa.) towards you, Booger, mostly because I still cannot even fathom why you would take such cheap shots at me (and just saying they were *jokes* doesn't cut it), but I will tell you I acknowledge your apology. Accept it? Maybe in the future. Edited to add: Do you care? I doubt it.

I have LIKED Amy's picture since she appeared. And, I'm so old and fat that I post a picture of my stepdaughter. But, please don't let someone with a name like Booger offend you. It's just nice to have any picture at all to recognize -- oh yeah that comment is from _________ and she/he knows the topic of clergy/restaurants/kiddie tax/whatever or tells a good joke or... Most people around here have been civil most of the time. And, most of us were stressed by the end of the season.