ATX Community

TRX Pro

2floridians

Anyone out there has used or tried TRX? The price is right for sure. I have used ATX for 5 years and seen the prices go up. Yesterday I waited on the phone for 42 minutes for tech support, that's only the really bad complaint that I have, the long wait time and the "beat around the bush" type answers that you get.

I have tried the TRX demo (the part you get to use) and need to find out more about it. I am not a big business and this software would keep some of the profits at home.

I have tried the TRX program, and am very happy with it. I have a small proctice and the saving of $300 to $400 is fquite a saving. The Program to me is better than ATX, and anly waited a few min to get a tech on the Tel.

I have already commited to TRX and will be doing some returns this summer to get used to the program. I will post any things that I find.

I did a return with multiple states and I found an error in the ATX program with the Mass. return.

I have tried the TRX program, and am very happy with it. I have a small proctice and the saving of $300 to $400 is fquite a saving. The Program to me is better than ATX, and anly waited a few min to get a tech on the Tel.

I have already commited to TRX and will be doing some returns this summer to get used to the program. I will post any things that I find.

I did a return with multiple states and I found an error in the ATX program with the Mass. return.

I got an email from them today asking me if I had downloaded the software. Told them I have dialup and cannot download it. They just emailed back and said they are sending me a demo disk. Also got an email from TaxSlayer today. Kinda makes you wonder how they all get access to our email addresses.

I downloaded the demo yesterday. Tried to do it Tuesday night while I waited for my last client to wander in, but their website was down, according to the phone message I received yesterday morning. They left another message today wanting to know if I got it okay.

I am not here in the mornings. Period.

I got an email from them today asking me if I had downloaded the software. Told them I have dialup and cannot download it. They just emailed back and said they are sending me a demo disk. Also got an email from TaxSlayer today. Kinda makes you wonder how they all get access to our email addresses.

Anyone out there has used or tried TRX? The price is right for sure. I have used ATX for 5 years and seen the prices go up. Yesterday I waited on the phone for 42 minutes for tech support, that's only the really bad complaint that I have, the long wait time and the "beat around the bush" type answers that you get.

I have tried the TRX demo (the part you get to use) and need to find out more about it. I am not a big business and this software would keep some of the profits at home.

I used TRX this year and found it to be worth the money in switching from ATX whom I had been with since 1998. I will admit I was bit nervous at first because I tried the 2006 Demo and there were problems with converting my 2005 ATX data file. When I got the 2007 CD, the conversion worked fairly well. It didn't bring foward some depreciation and duplicated 6252's but nothing major was left out where I had to completely scrap a return and re-enter.

I have about 175 clients and it worked perfect for my business. I only have 1 1065 & 1 1120-S so not having the business e-file was no big deal, but next year they plan to have it. I was completely satisfied with the program and have already re-upped for next year. I loved how it gives a client summary on the main page and shows all federal & state refund/pay info.

As far as e-files go, TRX was wonderful. I had only 2 rejects all season that were my fault and some acks came back in a little as 6 hours. TRX really pushes RALs (which I don't do) but at $299 compared to $1065 for MAX it was well worth the risk. The program was easy-to-use and I didn't feel I missed a beat by switching.

Scott P

www.powellstaxservice.com

I only have 1 1065 & 1 1120-S so not having the business e-file was no big deal, but next year they plan to have it.

Where did you see the bit about efiling business returns for next year? For me that was one of the biggest shortcomings of TRX. I switched to TRX and Drake PPR (for business returns because of my need to efile) when I could see that ATX was not going to work for me this year.

TRX: There were a couple of times that I had to override calculations and one time I was very annoyed - I received a fatal error in the middle of a return and lost the return (the file got corrupted some how so when I reopened I had the same error).

DRAKE: Seems to work great, the navigation (data entry screens) gets some getting used to. One thing I have noticed, I don't think I've run across an unhappy Drake user out there...I think that speaks volumes for the program

Carolyn

Joelgilb... I just ordered Drake demo and downloaded Taxslayer, and both of these have married write-up programs (inexpensive) with e-file payroll return capability. Will be testing them briefly soon, in earnest in July probably, and will comment then.

Where did you see the bit about efiling business returns for next year? For me that was one of the biggest shortcomings of TRX. I switched to TRX and Drake PPR (for business returns because of my need to efile) when I could see that ATX was not going to work for me this year.

TRX: There were a couple of times that I had to override calculations and one time I was very annoyed - I received a fatal error in the middle of a return and lost the return (the file got corrupted some how so when I reopened I had the same error).

DRAKE: Seems to work great, the navigation (data entry screens) gets some getting used to. One thing I have noticed, I don't think I've run across an unhappy Drake user out there...I think that speaks volumes for the program

Carolyn

It's a the bottom of the TRX Alliance homepage. Attached is a screenshot.

TRXAllianceHomepage.pdf

Joelgilb... I just ordered Drake demo and downloaded Taxslayer, and both of these have married write-up programs (inexpensive) with e-file payroll return capability. Will be testing them briefly soon, in earnest in July probably, and will comment then.

<==== Missing EX-Acctg myself!