ATX Community

Eric, et al

zeke

So I stewed & I studied. I like this board. I have fun. We have Atxaholics anonymus & have had a discussion regarding judges, juries, fines, votes, etc. But, I do not want to make anyone unhappy.

My conclusion is this. Any fine is an HONOR! I get to pay the first one!!! I have today fined myself $5.00 & directed my e-bank to pay it to Eric. (True).

Seriously folks. Instead of a negative connotation, our $ can be for positive effort. I have the idea, but cannot and don't want to tell others how to play. Please Eric & A/A (et al), chew it over. If this idea has merit, lets play! I would not want our efforts to be a burden for Eric & if he does not want to be bothered with a lot of $1 or $2 deposits, he can so state. To quote my good friend Bill, "what say you?"

zeke

Well, the "Judges, fines, etc' was just a running joke, Zeke, but the 'Donate' button is there all the time. I really don't think anyone has done anything that requires a 'fine' anyway. We seem to be a really nice bunch of folks, who have seldom offended, and when those few offenses happened, the offender has always apologized, and stopped the bad behavior. I really think the 'community' is working to maintain standards of good manners just fine, without any thing done to create any punishment system.

Of course, anyone who feels that they deserve to be 'fined', is free to hit that donate button. :lol:

Well, the "Judges, fines, etc' was just a running joke, Zeke, ...

Geesh, and to find this out now after all those campaign dollars I spent, all the donations and contributions by my supporters, all the time and effort from me and the staff and supporters trying to get me elected... lol

Geesh, and to find this out now after all those campaign dollars I spent, all the donations and contributions by my supporters, all the time and effort from me and the staff and supporters trying to get me elected... lol

Joel - Please be comforted by the knowledge that all your time, trouble, effort & expense were not a total waste. YOu got to teach me how to spell "Geesh" !! :scratch_head:

My feeling is that you folks can do whatever you like. Unfortunately, my project over the summer (to re-design and create from scratch an entire university website) is going to keep me crazy busy, so I'll be unable to participate or help out by adding features to the forum.

PayPal Donations go straight into the account where the hosting bill comes out of, so the number and size of any donations are of no consequence to me.

My feeling is that you folks can do whatever you like. Unfortunately, my project over the summer (to re-design and create from scratch an entire university website) is going to keep me crazy busy, so I'll be unable to participate or help out by adding features to the forum.

Well Thank Ye Mayor Eric, I reckon I'll just take that as an Appointment. I even updated my signature to go along with this appointment. LOL

PayPal Donations go straight into the account where the hosting bill comes out of, so the number and size of any donations are of no consequence to me.

Eric, you take care of your business!! We appreciate all you have done. I am not sure everyone that uses this board understands the amount of time and effort required.

Thank you again!!

Hey Joe, I am a Super Delegate looking to be bribed.... :D

What university?

I thought it was 'Sheesh'.

Judge Roy Beans ruling is that Sheesh is a different word and that you will be hanged in effigy at dawn.

Definition of Geesh - Slang from the 50's or 60's for "Gee, Shit Happens" Often used by Catholic boys/girls or those attending private schools. When called on what exactly it meants (by nuns, priests, ministers, WHOEVER), they would explain it as "Gee, STUFF happens".

Definition of Sheesh - Used to express mild annoyance, surprise, or disgust.

Take a wild guess and I bet 95% chance you will have your answer.

Univ of Hawaii?

Nope prob Univ of Maine

Welcome to the Jury!

Is he guilty?

Should we hang Randall a second time?

Or maybe some Whisky, or even Rum can sway the Judge and Jury.

You buying Randall?

Univ of Hawaii?

Nope prob Univ of Maine

Welcome to the Jury!

Is he guilty?

Should we hang Randall a second time?

Or maybe some Whisky, or even Rum can sway the Judge and Jury.

You buying Randall?

I'm not buying. You can't hang me, I'm east of the Pecos. I thought it was Geez. What about MIT, the Caribou campus?

I'm not buying. You can't hang me, I'm east of the Pecos. I thought it was Geez. What about MIT, the Caribou campus?

Nope, but real close!

Definition of Geez - Used to express mild surprise, delight, dissatisfaction, or annoyance.

Definition of Sheesh - Used to express mild annoyance, surprise, or disgust.

Definition of Geesh - Slang from the 50's or 60's for "Gee, Shit Happens" Often used by Catholic boys/girls or those attending private schools. When called on what exactly it meants (by nuns, priests, ministers, WHOEVER), they would explain it as "Gee, STUFF happens".

But I think you may have partially redeemed yourself with MIT.

Now, a drink and I think we can delay this here hanging indefinitely for this indiscretion!

On the other hand, Tom with "Lobster U" reference has probably redeemed himself for all his priors and several in the future too.

UMaine Presque Isle. It's embarrassingly ugly at the moment, but it'll receive quite a face lift by the end of the summer.

Well I got the U of Maine part.

but Randall's guess of MIT still gave him a partial redemption. He was after all in the other 5%.

Now if he will only pop for drinks in this post we may not have to hang him in effigy.

post-270-1212553656_thumb.png

Well I got the U of Maine part.

but Randall's guess of MIT still gave him a partial redemption. He was after all in the other 5%.

Now if he will only pop for drinks in this post we may not have to hang him in effigy.

I never drink anything stronger than pop, and Pop will drink about anything.

But I can't spring for the drinks. I'm not as well heeled as the rest of you.