ATX Community

Bonus Depreciation change approaching

Lee B

For those clients who want to use the 100% Bonus Depreciation deduction to buy a new Cadillac Escalade they have until December 31st:

"But starting next year, the deduction falls to 80%, then by another 20 percentage points each year until it dwindles to 20% in 2026. In 2027, the regular, less lucrative depreciation schedules restart. "

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I won't be buying an Escalade or Mercedes but this post brought a couple of things to mind:

(1) I think it was novelist F. Scott Fitzgerald who said "The rich are very different from you and me."  To which some wit replied "Yes, they have more money."

(2) In 1986 I commuted twice a month to Maumelle, AR; a trendy (well-as trendy as possible hereabouts), upscale Little Rock suburb to work for a well-off construction guy at his lakeside condo.  He wanted a cheap (his specialty) set of books (my specialty at the time) created and posted.  On arrival he asked to borrow my car for the day-his Jaguar and Mercedes were both in the shop. I'd just bought a brand-new mid-grade '86 Pontiac and was quite proud  of it. 

Day's end, I ask "How'd ya like it?"  He: "Just fine; you know, that would make a great work car.":( 

• Like 2