ATX Community

Bulldog Tom

Eli

Tom I decided to send you a post on the college baseball world series the first thing this morning and I see Eli and others beat me to it. If they are playing Georgia it will be nothing but bulldogs. Let's hope our dawgs is better than their dawgs!

Rick, you need to get your spelling straight. Fresno State are the 'Dogs, and Georgia are the Dawgs. I am not sure what a Dawg is (it must be one of them southern things - perhaps KC or one of our other southern friends can enlighten me).

The national media is now calling Fresno the WonderDogs - as in I wonder how the hell they got to this game.

My 'Dogs have already won in my book. The next two games are just the icing on the cake.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I thought they had game one last night when they went up three. As soon as they brought in the closer, I told my wife we were in trouble. He had been in the last two days, and went 2 innings in one of them.

No matter what, I am very proud of my school. They have done well.

Now, could you do something about Orel Herschieser? Like make sure he does not get to the ballpark. I have never heard a more one sided, condescending announcer. At one point he actually said that since the Fresno State players will not have long major league carreers, they are enjoying the series more than Georgia. What a jerk.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Tom.

I know, Herscheiser is a jerk! I don't know why they can't get better commentators. Maybe he'll get stuck, because we now have urban and small stream flooding advisories. Parts of town have received two inches in an hour, and they expect the rain to last several more hours. Maybe they will take the night off and Fresno can get some rest. Georgia has had a lot of rest. It is very exciting to see a smaller. unranked school make it to the finals. Lots of the fans are pulling for them.

Bonnie

Tom.

Lots of the fans are pulling for them.

I really thought they had that first game after the top of the eighth inning. I was surprised that they changed pitchers for the bottom half. Still for an unranked team to take a ranked team to this extent has shown alot. Go Fresno State! Get them next time! They have been doing it the hard way all through the tournament.

Tom.

I know, Herscheiser is a jerk! I don't know why they can't get better commentators. Maybe he'll get stuck, because we now have urban and small stream flooding advisories. Parts of town have received two inches in an hour, and they expect the rain to last several more hours. Maybe they will take the night off and Fresno can get some rest. Georgia has had a lot of rest. It is very exciting to see a smaller. unranked school make it to the finals. Lots of the fans are pulling for them.

Bonnie

Bonnie,

Hope you dry out soon. But a day off would do my 'dogs some good. Like in the Bull Durham movie when they created the rain out to get a night out?

You know what is funny, I just figured out what your screen name means. I have always thought you were in like Boston, or someplace else in New England. It just dawned on me that the NE is for Nebraska. What a Doh! moment for me.

Thanks for your kind words about my 'Dogs.

Tom

Lodi, Ca

Tom,

Most people don't think about Nebraska at all, so I'm not surprised that you didn't associate my screen name with it. They do remember us this time of year, and the Olympic Swim Trials start here next week. My son and I are working at them. It will be awesome! He's a swimmer here and was chosen to be a basket carrier for the swimmers, so he'll probably get some tv time.

We're watching the game and rooting for your Dogs again! Blast it, Georgia tied it up.

Bonnie

Tom,

Wonderful game Tuesday nite. I hope they saved some runs for tonite.

Win or lose, they sure showed the folks what an explosive offense is. Scored 17 runs off Rice, and 19 runs off Georgia-and these are supposed to be some of the best in College Baseball. Maybe the college scouts will begin to check out the WAC and west coast baseball. Orel may have some words to eat when he finds some of those fellas playing with the Big Boys one of these days!

One of the announcers, don't recall which one, said he thought the game was over when Georgia had a 5-0 lead. Made a believer out of him!