ATX Community

ATX e-mailed

bstaxes

Just received an e-mail from ATX with a survey wondering why I haven't renewed yet. If I do the survey I will get a 10% discount until the end of the year. I usually renew in May. So I filled out their survey, telling them I will wait and see what ATX is doing, kind of gun shy. Told them that customer satisfaction is important to me and that is the way I run my business. Also told them about a few minor problems I had and the concern I have about the future of ATX. Felt good to vent a little and now have a 10% discount until the end of the year. I wonder if ATX or CCH is running scared about their business with still offering a discount?

If you are thinking that you are going to lose a customer, is 10% really that much to 'gain him back'? My read on this is that they know that a lot of people are upset over the whole Tech support snaffu, they know WHO haven't renewed, why not offer these people a special incentive to come back.

I wouldn't consider 10% running scared. 50% or 60% would be scared...

If you are thinking that you are going to lose a customer, is 10% really that much to 'gain him back'? My read on this is that they know that a lot of people are upset over the whole Tech support snaffu, they know WHO haven't renewed, why not offer these people a special incentive to come back.

I wouldn't consider 10% running scared. 50% or 60% would be scared...

Mel,

I know you have said in the past that a new program is not likely this year from you. Can you give us a confirmation of that? I am still holding my breath hoping you will wake up one morning with a brilliant inspiration on how to get us a program for this year.

But if not, is the following year a possibility? Especially with the new support group in Maine coming on line, a partnership/joint venture might make all the difference.

Just curious. You are still one of us, and ATX is still them, and it is always better to be with us than to be with them.

Tom

Lodi, CA

I am NOT going to be releasing a program this year. I just can't make it as if I was going to, I would need to be doing extensive testing right now to save my time at the end of the year for form development. My goal has shifted to the next year, so I am spending more time on what I am doing rather than rushing. Financially it would have been nice for me to have the company startup this year, but reality is that while I made great gains in the beginning, as the program grows it actually makes it harder to make leaps and bounds, now just steps and inches... I guess if I had more help, I could have made it, but I was reluctant in the beginning and I think that was a mistake. Another 'management blunder' if you will.