ATX Community

Thank You

Elrod

On 11/23/2023 at 11:49 AM, kathyc2 said:

Please tell me I'm not the only accountant geeky enough to plan out the meal prep timing on Excel!

My mother-in-law had a SEVEN-DAY to-the-minute pre-Thanksgiving schedule. Starting from cleaning the refrigerator to make room for it all, grocery lists for serving by number of people, then when to take the turkey out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge, to when pie crusts were prepared, then pie fillings, side dishes, stuffing, and more. She even had charts, on grid paper, comparing roasting times by weight for stuffed versus unstuffed turkeys, plus suggestions for coping with the chaos and dealing with leftovers. It was truly astounding. 

But this also pre-dated Excel, so it was all on 5x8 index cards, plain paper, and grid paper. 31-page pdf from her paper records. Does that still count?

• Like 3

On 11/25/2023 at 11:04 AM, Catherine said:

My mother-in-law had a SEVEN-DAY to-the-minute pre-Thanksgiving schedule. Starting from cleaning the refrigerator to make room for it all, grocery lists for serving by number of people, then when to take the turkey out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge, to when pie crusts were prepared, then pie fillings, side dishes, stuffing, and more. She even had charts, on grid paper, comparing roasting times by weight for stuffed versus unstuffed turkeys, plus suggestions for coping with the chaos and dealing with leftovers. It was truly astounding. 

But this also pre-dated Excel, so it was all on 5x8 index cards, plain paper, and grid paper. 31-page pdf from her paper records. Does that still count?

Very well....       YES            Thank You Catherine.

• Like 1