ATX Community

ummmm.....sorry

Monkeyman

Hello Everyone,

I had a nice email conversation with erc tonight (we know each other) and felt compelled to post.

I am VERY sorry if anyone felt attacked, threatened or uncomfortable because of my posts. I really am. I do not want to poop in erc's attempt to create a playground for all of you.

I was not defending the company as much as defending the poor folks on the phone who get the screaming and swearing. Rational complaints are acceptable in anyone's book, and make everyone's experience in this commercial world better. I am in the customer service business and still submit my fair share of rants, and am willing to admit when I am wrong.

My only objectives in posting on this site are to help those in need, and occasionally (lightly) chastise those who are not completly forthright in their commentary.

I encourage you to call upon me for help. You can reach me on this board, or directly through KC or erc.

Sincerely,

The Guy Who You Have Probably Spoken To Before (aka Monkeyman)

Did I miss something?

I didn't see anything in your posts that was threatening or uncomfortable.

Unless a little reality is threatening or uncomfortable to someone...

To quote Harry Truman -

"I don't give em h$ll, I just tell them the truth and they think it's h$ll."

>>My only objectives in posting on this site are to help those in need, and occasionally (lightly) chastise those who are not completly forthright in their commentary. <<

Helping is a worthy thing... chastising is much the same as flaming (or whatever that word is) and should be banned regardless of "who you know".

edit: And since no one seems to know who or what you are, what makes you thing we would know what kind of help to ask of you. If you can help with some free money... I need your help now. :)

JohnH - Thank you. I like that quote, reality and facts are threatening to some

OldJack - You are right. I should not "flame". I will just politely point

it out if folks are not being completely honest about their support calls.

As far as helping, I have a lot of experience with the ATX program.

As far as money, I am guessing you make WAY more than me. :D

Monkeyman

And since no one seems to know who or what you are, what makes you thing we would know what kind of help to ask of you.

Monkeyman is a friend of mine and Eric's with ATX connections, whom I invited to join us. He's also the person who has been passing the word of this site to users who call about the loss of the community board. Please be nice to him.

Hi Tom,

How's Patty? Is she still cracking the whip over your head as you slave away at your keyboard?

:P

She is going crazy. Football practice has started and now that my oldest is in Freshman football, she is driving to two places for practices everyday.

My oldest boy, Jonathan, is 13, 6'2" and 215lbs. I took him to the Fresno State football camp this year, and despite being one of the youngest kids, he was not overmatched by the older kids. I am letting him lift weights for the first time, and he is starting to put some real muscle on his body.

The youngest son, Patrick, moved up a level in youth football and is not happy that he is down on the depth chart. He can't wait to get into pads so he can start "taking out the kids above him".

Business is starting to pick up now that we found a good office location. I am very hopeful for next year (our tenth in business). The ATX thing has me worried, and I need to decide if this is the year to make a switch to another software or hope that ATX is in this for the long run. The bigger my client base gets, the harder it will be to switch. I was so happy with ATX last year because everything worked perfect for the program, banking, and efile. Other than that, I think we are on the right track with the business.

How are the kids?

Tom

Lodi, CA

I too have not felt like I've been attacked, even though you commented on a reply that someone posted to a reply I had posted. (boy this kind of gets confusing) The fact is I appreciated what you stated, and I'm glad to say I wasn't yelling or screaming at the guy on the phone. I was simply explaining why I was hesitant about renewing for another year.

The truth is I see a slight turn around in how ATX is treating us. It's like they are listening to our complaints. I was contacted a few days later by another sales person this time with what I felt was a fair offer. After thinking about it for a couple of days I felt it was a price I could live with, and now that I have found this site I don't mind not having the Community on ATX, so I called back and renewed for another year. The sales person was very professional and so was I however even we never open our mouth or communicate our concerns, how can we expect them to listen?

In my own defense, (even though I did not take your comments as an attack) the sales person that I vented at called me on my time trying to sale me, after I received sever e-mail offers to renew. So I guess the point I'm trying to make is that I didn't do the calling and complaining, rather I used an opportunity that presented itself to me, and at least in my case I was able to get an offer that I could live with.

As far as your comments are concerned I only have one piece of advice: Keep them coming! Some may not like it and may take offense at it, others may be moved by it to think twice about their words and actions, and others may just be amused. Regardless, you have every right to state your opinions.

P.S. It takes a humble person to say I'm sorry!

Deb,

I'm curious about the terms of the offer they made to you. Can you give us the specifics? I was very unhappy with the price increase in efile due to the 100 limit for my package and ended up having to upgrade to Max, which doubled my cost from last year. Even so, I renewed before the early deadline because I viewed ATX as my best software choice, and my experience with them was that they did not bargain with their customers, and the price was not going to get cheaper if I held out. If they are now doing so, I must say that I am disappointed. It was one of the things I admired about ATX that you knew you were getting the same deal as everyone else. It's the way I bill in my tax practice - no deals and special favors, just the same reasonable rates for everyone. If they are now offering lower prices, it's a heck of a way to reward those of us who let them have our money and support early.

Deb,

I'm curious about the terms of the offer they made to you. Can you give us the specifics? I was very unhappy with the price increase in efile due to the 100 limit for my package and ended up having to upgrade to Max, which doubled my cost from last year. Even so, I renewed before the early deadline because I viewed ATX as my best software choice, and my experience with them was that they did not bargain with their customers, and the price was not going to get cheaper if I held out. If they are now doing so, I must say that I am disappointed. It was one of the things I admired about ATX that you knew you were getting the same deal as everyone else. It's the way I bill in my tax practice - no deals and special favors, just the same reasonable rates for everyone. If they are now offering lower prices, it's a heck of a way to reward those of us who let them have our money and support early.

I too am small. I purchased the 1040 package like always and was given a 10% discount on that, then they added unlimited e-file for a flat 200.00 more. I do about 200 returns a year so the increase overall was about $1.00 per return. This is something I felt I could live with as it is still considerably less expensive than MAX which is way more program than I needed.

I guess I was totally wrong about who this was. I had inferred an emotion in the message that wasn't there. It should be me who is appologising to him.

Thank you, Idiot (I don't like your posting name, I doubt you are an "idiot") I do have some animosity towards those who lie and bully on message boards, but and only here to help.

Eli, she is 5, beautiful, and NO BOYS! <_<

Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELmJHrmtCcU