ATX Community

Happy Birthday Granny Coral

TAXBILLY

Thanks to every one of you for the greetings. I have just now gotten on the site to start this new tax year and found your welcomed messages. I am beginning my 80th year of life and 24the year of doing taxes for nice folks. And I can honestly say I have some clients who have been with me from the beginning. So I must be doing something right.

Now I will scroll through and see if I can find answers to my pressing questions like when the heck is ATX doing to release the 1040 efile information form so we can get ready to efile.

Granny Coral

Sorry to inform you but ...

You are beginning your 81st year of life. :~)

Of course I hope to make it to 80. If I knew I would live as long as I have I would have taken better care of myself! :~)

taxbilly

Point well taken, Taxbilly. I completely disremembered that first year. After all I was not even talking too much or getting around too much, so I just guess it was of 'no account' in my book. I'll try to do a better accounting for my tax clients in the future although this may be my last year in business. My kids wanted me to retire 5 yrs ago but I just kept plugging away year after year. Boy do those years fly by the older you get.

Granny Coral

I know how you feel. I used to enjoy the tax business what with the rules changing every year and the interesting scenarios we run into but it is becoming more like a real job. It's harder with all the legalese to solve problems and I get more and more annoyed with clients who receive an IRS letter and start their conversation with "you made a mistake on my return" when 9 out of ten times the mistake is either theirs or the IRS had bad info or the ever popular IRS incompetence which I find to be more and more prevelant.. I'm ready to chuck it all and head for the golf course!

taxbilly

I know how you feel. I used to enjoy the tax business what with the rules changing every year and the interesting scenarios we run into but it is becoming more like a real job. It's harder with all the legalese to solve problems and I get more and more annoyed with clients who receive an IRS letter and start their conversation with "you made a mistake on my return" when 9 out of ten times the mistake is either theirs or the IRS had bad info or the ever popular IRS incompetence which I find to be more and more prevelant.. I'm ready to chuck it all and head for the golf course!

taxbilly

No golf course for me...just want to get better acquainted with those 16 greatGrandkids scattered all over the USA.

As for this year, I will just be happy if ATX ever releases the 1040 eFile infomation form and gets that dratted DRAFT off the EIC form. Anybody know how we can give them a boost?????

Granny Coral