ATX Community

Who Working and Who is having Fun Today

ed_accountant

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do get tired of saying that Jainen is right, but I like his idea about the refrigerator. Mine was from 1975 when I bought my first house in CA, and it came across the country to CT. I think the only thing keeping the motor running was all the refrigerator magnets. I was afraid to remove any.

She left me a message saying I should call her lawyer to tell him her tax rate!

Nah, don't take the Sub-Zero. They're "stylish" (although I prefer functional in appliances), but they have a _very_ high rate of repairs according to the various reporting groups. If you're going to take something for your trouble, at least take something that won't cause you even _more_ trouble!

Catherine

You're very perceptive, Margaret.

That is a big problem with her refrigerator. My 1960's house has limited space in the never remodeled kitchen. Refrigerators have gotten larger over the years, but my kitchen has not. There are like only two refrigerators in the world small enough to fit underneath the cupboard, in the only floor space available, and not block the door too much.

Her bill increases every time she calls me! Last year I called the line item something like Research & quarterly organization/calculations. She actually comes back each quarter to write out her checks for ES payments; afraid she'll lose her vouchers or something. Of course, we have the same discussion about why she has to pay again when she only earned a little money early in the year. I remind her about the alimony. She's a good gal but never dealt with the family's finances and has no desire to learn. I wanted to charge her quarterly so it'd be a smaller amount, but she doesn't bring an extra check and would never get it done at home. I find all kinds of important non-tax items (her car insurance card that should be in her glove box) in the sacks of financial paperwork she brings me quarterly. So, I just add line items to her tax preparation bill knowing she'll have a check for me or her credit card when she picks up her returns. She is appreciative.

A big thank you to everyone on this board. As Margaret said, I get much insight, support, and many suggestions here whenever I come seeking advice or just a place to vent. May you all find the same. A very happy new year and prosperous tax season to all of you.