ATX Community

Refund schedule?

Margaret CPA in OH

I have looked on the IRS website under every combination of words that I can imagine to find the refund schedule. Obviously, I haven't thought of the right phrase. If any of you know where to find that, please provide the url. I didn't think it could be so arcane; then again, maybe I'm just not on the same wavelength! Thanks.

I have looked on the IRS website under every combination of words that I can imagine to find the refund schedule. Obviously, I haven't thought of the right phrase. If any of you know where to find that, please provide the url. I didn't think it could be so arcane; then again, maybe I'm just not on the same wavelength! Thanks.

If you click on E-file center at the top of the ATX Community page, then down on the left hand side there are links..including one to the IRS Refund Cycle Chart

Does anyone know of a tax related site out there that has everything tax? Like an encyclopedia of tax rules, laws, regs, pubs, advice, etc etc etc and so on? And if there is, is it user friendly and easy to find anything you're looking for?

Most tax seasons, I visit three sites....this one (ATX Community), irs.gov, and Ohio.gov

irs.gov has almost everything, but it can be hard to find some things

Does anyone know of a tax related site out there that has everything tax? Like an encyclopedia of tax rules, laws, regs, pubs, advice, etc etc etc and so on? And if there is, is it user friendly and easy to find anything you're looking for?

In addition to irs.gov, from time to time I've used : http://www.unclefed.com/ and woud not start the tax season without desk handbooks (1040 Quickfinder and Small Business Quickfinder) available at Quickfinder.com where you can also get CD versions of the books. Have handbooks for every year so it's great when amending prior years tax returns or preparing original tax returns from years back. The handbooks are VERY user friendly.

From time to time, I've also used the following links:

http://www.taxlinks.com/rulings/findinglist/revrulmaster.htm

http://www.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/cfrassem...gi?title=200126

http://assembler.law.cornell.edu/uscode/ht..._sup_01_26.html

Cathy

Thanks for the additional references. It seems I already have each of the links in my favorites! Someone must have mentioned them along the way but always good reminders. I too use the Quickfinder books. I tried the Taxbook 2 years but came back to Quickfinders because I am more used to them and I like having the 2 separate books for individuals and business.

I usually rely on a reference book (the tax book) and the IRS website for most things. On the rare occasion I run into something in a "gray" area I'll do internet searches to see what the arguments are for/against certain positions before trying to interpret the tax code myself. You usually can't take those things at face value since a lot of what you'll find on an internet search is hair stylist tax advice, but sometimes you get pointed in the right direction. Forums are also great. Not just for current questions/answers, but historical archives of questions and answers. Often I'll find my answer in a forum thread that's a few years old but still the law hasn't changed since then.

http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p2043.pdf

Here you go :-)

Eli

I visit this site and The Tax Book's board often and QuickFinders, too. A listing of sites is TaxSites.com. IRS is great when you can find what you want/know their terminology. And, I'm in CT, so DRS. NAEA and NATP have good sites and a message board on NAEA. Tax Almanac has a lot of information, articles, etc., but their board has a lot of consumers asking personal questions. I own The Tax Book 1040 and All States this year, last year it was the Deluxe edition and the WebCD. Will probably return to the WebCD since it's always updated and has both personal and business. I have good local chapters of NAEA (CtSEA) and NY/CT-ATP for seminars and networking. The people on this site and TTB's are invaluable for pointing me in the right direction.