ATX Community

Refunds

joans

What is the deal with the Federal Refunds? I went on their website and printed off the "Refund Schedule" and I keep getting calls from Irate clients who haven't received them. I go on IRS website to "check" status and it is 1-2 weeks later than their schedule. What is going on? Anyone know? :angry: Enough stress right now without dealing with upset clients when you tell them something and you look like the liar.

Sara

I too was receiving phone calls from clients. However, I now give them the date per the schedule but tell them the goverment has been a little slow this year and it could be a week later. Everyone seems to understand and I have not received one phone call since I began stating it this way.

When I tell my clients when to expect their refund, I point out the small print at the bottom of the chart. "The IRS does not guarantee a specific date that a refund will be deposited into a taxpayer's

financial institution account or mailed." This year I am really stressing this because 7 business days late is the norm.

AnnieR

I am now telling clients that too. According to schedule, this is when you are suppose to get it, but don't plan on it. Nice to know that the government is able to run that we. If we ran our businesses like that, we would all be bankrupt and out of business:)

Sara

I have a fairly small practice, so I am not efiling constantly as are most of you. But, 90% of my refunds have hit right on schedule. The ones that missed had RRC's. I am wondering if this has anything to do with your location. All mine go through Fresno and as I said, right on time?! I always give a "disclaimer" about when to expect the money, so far, I look like a hero.

I have a fairly small practice, so I am not efiling constantly as are most of you. But, 90% of my refunds have hit right on schedule. The ones that missed had RRC's. I am wondering if this has anything to do with your location. All mine go through Fresno and as I said, right on time?! I always give a "disclaimer" about when to expect the money, so far, I look like a hero.

Both of mine that were late were because I forgot to figure RRC. ( %^&* stimulus, *&(^ rebate, ^%&$ recovery, &*^% making work pay phone calls today...)

Clients were really nice about it, though, so it all works out!

I am now telling clients that too. According to schedule, this is when you are suppose to get it, but don't plan on it. Nice to know that the government is able to run that we. If we ran our businesses like that, we would all be bankrupt and out of business:)

Sara

But then we can be like Citibank and ask for bailout money! :~)

taxbilly