ATX Community

rollover & depreciation

grandmabee

today for the first time when I rollover a return the asset form is in the return but its BLANK none of the items rolled over.

I went back and looked in the 2007 return and they were there. So duplicated the return and rolled it over too and still no assets coming forward.

Anyone else find this. my program is up to date. I update every day.

today for the first time when I rollover a return the asset form is in the return but its BLANK none of the items rolled over.

I went back and looked in the 2007 return and they were there. So duplicated the return and rolled it over too and still no assets coming forward.

Anyone else find this. my program is up to date. I update every day.

Yes, it happened to me yesterday. Opened up a corporate return, that I had accessed before, and all of the fixed assets were gone. I don't know what happened or why, but I rollover the tax return again, the assets were there and I just reentered the information I had entered before. It was a shock to open that return & see no assets, that's for sure!

Maribeth

I'm having the same trouble. Some of mine won't even roll over. I open them in 2007, save them, and then try to roll them over and they won't. I've tried closing and reopening the program, putting a period after the name in 2007 so that when I save it there's actually a change, etc., but nothing has worked. I've finally just re-entered the returns that wouldn't roll because I don't have any more time to mess with it.

I'm having the same trouble. Some of mine won't even roll over. I open them in 2007, save them, and then try to roll them over and they won't. I've tried closing and reopening the program, putting a period after the name in 2007 so that when I save it there's actually a change, etc., but nothing has worked. I've finally just re-entered the returns that wouldn't roll because I don't have any more time to mess with it.

I am having a similar problem that just started the beginning of March...I could roll over some returns from 2007, but not open the return that was rolled over in the 2008 program.....I can finally roll over and open the return IF id do the following:

Close the 2008 ATX program

Open the 2007 ATX program

Update the 2007 ATX program

Open the 2007 return

Save the 2007 return, then close it

close the 2007 ATX program

Open the 2008 ATX program

Rollover the return

This gets really time-comsuming as it must be repeated with EVERY return I roll over.

Fortunately, and I should probably keep my mouth shut, I haven't had either of these problems yet. I certainly hope there is a fix coming that will ensure there won't be any future problems. I do wonder what operating system you are running. I am running XP-Pro SP2 and have not updated to SP3 because of some conflicts with ATX that were posted back in December regarding the blue screen of death after installing ATX. It will be interesting to see how this comes out.

Terry D.

I have never had a problem with rollover depr (knocking on my floor...). After receiving the archive disk each year, I always update last year's program before starting new year returns, and there are usually some changes, at a minimum the new organizer is updated, but sometimes there are program updates also. Don't know if this is related to the issue, but it is consistent with JB's comment.

Maybe even reinstall both 2007 and 2008. I have CCH's ProSystem fx, but couldn't pro forma at the start of the season from 2007 to 2008. Support checked me out and apparently I'd missed some 2007 updates. They said uninstalling and reinstalling was faster than downloading all the missed updates. Then, all worked as it should. They talked me through it and stayed with me until I'd pro forma'd a return from 2007 to 2008 successfully.

Maybe even reinstall both 2007 and 2008. I have CCH's ProSystem fx, but couldn't pro forma at the start of the season from 2007 to 2008. Support checked me out and apparently I'd missed some 2007 updates. They said uninstalling and reinstalling was faster than downloading all the missed updates. Then, all worked as it should. They talked me through it and stayed with me until I'd pro forma'd a return from 2007 to 2008 successfully.

I am running Windows XP Pro, SP3 (no blue screen problems)

My problems started when I got a new computer and reinstalled ATX 2006, 2007, 2008.....everything seemed to go fine...and everything seems to function perfectly....except for this annoying rollover problem

Could be something funky happened when you moved 2007 returns to new computer. Any chance you still have old computer with 2007 and 2008 programs and could roll over the rest of your returns there and then export to a flash and import to new computer's 2008?

Or, export again your remaining 2007 returns to a flash from old computer and import on new computer to 2007 and try rolling over to 2008?

You get the idea. Something got corrupted. Maybe redoing a prior action will have it come through correctly this time....