ATX Community

Cannot Print Return

mcb39

Last night I read about someone else having this problem. I tried switching printers; nothing happens. Can Print page, but not return. Has anyone found a solution? :scratch_head:

Now I cannot even Print page.....could a few minutes ago. Any ideas?

Mine won't print anything out of the ATX program. It will print out of any other program. The only fix I have so far is that I can convert it to a .pdf file and then print the file. What a pain. Good thing I have an internet based business, however, I still need to print occasionally, like when I need the supporting docs for clergy filings that go with eh F8453 to Austin.

Mine won't print anything out of the ATX program. It will print out of any other program. The only fix I have so far is that I can convert it to a .pdf file and then print the file. What a pain. Good thing I have an internet based business, however, I still need to print occasionally, like when I need the supporting docs for clergy filings that go with eh F8453 to Austin.

As I said this morning, I totally shut down the computer and rebooted. It cured the problem. Go figure!

As I said this morning, I totally shut down the computer and rebooted. It cured the problem. Go figure!

It is a Windows Quirk. Not to be confused with Quark from Deep Space Nine!!

We live with operating systems in which the first step in stopping is to click the Start button!!

Need I say more. I have all our associates (some days 10 working at terminals) shut their computers down at lunch and supper breaks. Resets windows system resources, and refreshes network connections to the server. This course of action has reduced the "It did work, now it doesn't" problems by 90%.

Ya gotta luv Winders...

Yes, a few times now, when I've had a lot of things going on, I've had the program stop printing. I've found that usually all it takes is to shut the ATX program, then restart it. But if possible, take a brief break and reboot the computer, and it will not only fix the printing problem, it will speed up the program.

I'm using TaxWise and it hasn't printed to most of my printers since the 1st week of February. I can only print to its built-in .pdf or to my old, slow HP. Neither rebooting or tech support has been able to fix it. All other programs print OK. This is the first time I've heard anyone have a similar problem to what I've had. I'd say there is a connection, but it's a different program. Hmmm?

Did you check with Kyle/Kerry and their crew? Kyle had a very nice techie Susan get my printer printing again.

Actually I worked with someone else at VMSUS. If I remember correctly, his name was Guy. He worked on it for about 3 hours to no avail. Then Kyle called me to say was going to look into it. Their conclusion was that it might have been from a bad update. But future updates never fixed it. The techs at TRX worked on it for about 2 hours (and it even went past closing time) but could not fix, either. That tech did mention that TaxWise doesn't like multi-function printers, but that doesn't explain why it won't print to .pdf printers other than the one embedded in the software.

TaxWise prints several worksheets I don't use and prints the pages in a strange order. So I print to .pdf, open the file, write down the pages I want in the order I want, then print to my duplex printer. It's inconvenient, but at least I can print 2-sided and have the right pages on the back of the appropriate pages and don't print pages I would just shred anyway.

I got my renewal letter from TRX today. It confirmed ATX with all states and business forms for $299. That works for me! (If I get this printer problem next year, I will be quite unhappy.)