ATX Community

66 left

jasdlm

HAVE 45 in house to finish then about 30 extensions to figure out-this year is definitely going slower than prior years, just cant get anything out the door. mandatory efile really slows up the process sending drafts, then waiting for authorizations etc. Next year i will mail out all the returns as in the old days and wait for the authizatons to roll in. almost no clients change the returns from my draft anyway.

HAVE 45 in house to finish then about 30 extensions to figure out-this year is definitely going slower than prior years, just cant get anything out the door. mandatory efile really slows up the process sending drafts, then waiting for authorizations etc. Next year i will mail out all the returns as in the old days and wait for the authizatons to roll in. almost no clients change the returns from my draft anyway.

Last year I remember a post you made about this time, about how bored you were. That's what always gets me about this time, also. I am so tired and bored of doing tax returns. My brain need something else to do. Oh well . . . .

Maribeth

66? That's a walk in the park! :) Actually I was hoping to get the number under 100 today but when I was doing the 100th, two more came in the door and two more came in the mail. Those coming in now are automatically extended. The other 100 were in before my cut-off so I feel obligated to get them done. It will be close.

I have too many. Don't think I'll get the ones I promised. And, I began telling clients they were going on extension 15 March! But, I had a huge amount come in early March. All are bigger than prior years. Three have had corrected brokerage statements arrive. Three have called to ask how to work their HSA for 2008 and never had HSAs in prior years. Three have started new businesses. Three are brand new clients not in my system. They don't fit on the book shelf I use for my active files any longer. Those that used to come in big fat folders now arrive in big fat binders. I'm exhausted. I tried to talk a couple more into extensions, but no takers. If anyone is bored, I can put you to work and house you in my guest room...

I'm frankly too scared to count how many I have left, because I am afraid I might just break down and cry, But I don't 'ask' them about extensions, at this point I just TELL them they are going to be extended. If I get all the ones out that came in an a timely fashion, I will be happy. Those that waited are not going to make their procrastination become my problem.

I am just going to work non stop now so I can get them done. Weekends are for after the 15th:) It is what it is . I filed an extension for mine cuz of the hubby situation (in Irag). I just want them done so I don't have to work on them after the 15th. Here's hoping:)

Sara