ATX Community

Any way to pdf just 1 K1 from a 1065?

jasdlm

yes I do it all the time. especially the 8879. go the print then check the custom the check the k-1 only and at top is a buttom that say pdf. I save to desk top and I open it on desk top to make sure that's all that;s going. then you just right click you desktop and send to mail reciepent.

I can't figure out how to select the pdfFactory as my printer. The only option it gives me (when I use change printer) is adobe pdf. This lets me choose k1, but it is k1s for all the partners insead of just 1 partners k1. Aaargh!

I would just open the return & goto K1 for that partner and click on print page. This way you will only get one partner. Have done it many times.

Devm

I can't figure out how to select the pdfFactory as my printer. The only option it gives me (when I use change printer) is adobe pdf. This lets me choose k1, but it is k1s for all the partners insead of just 1 partners k1. Aaargh!

Maybe you do not have it installed on this computer? If it is a new one in the last year or two, you might not have installed that printer option. It's on the CDs from older programs, but since they came up with their own pdf program, they don't give it to you anymore. But you could dig out an older version cd, look at the directory, and find the icon to install it.

There is another way to get the K1. I am not at my software, but if you go into the global options on the K-1 page, there is a checkbox for just printing the K-1 package. You can select the partner numbers that you want to print. It completes the partner letter and the codes as well. It is a pretty neat feature I found this year. I wish I could describe it better, but I know it is on the global options tab of the K-1.

Tom

Lodi, CA

Still can't figure out why ATX dumped PDFFACTORY as it is a great little program. I actually purchased pdfFactory Pro which has some nice additional features, including password security, watermarks and letterhead template ability.

http://www.fineprint.com

They are willing to give an upgrade price for those that had the free version from ATX, or at least they did in my case. I did purchase it a couple of years ago though when ATX removed it.

Have several other PDF softwares including Adobe Acrobat Pro 7.0, but this is my favorite for a down and dirty pdf printer and it makes the smallest files.