ATX Community

DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!! YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

artp

You know you do not really WANT it to be that low, or you would simply stop taking them.

Face it, moving so far from the old hometown, it's just more comfortable to build up the base. In a year or two you will cut back, right now you are too pleased to get those referrals. It is natural reaction to being in a new place. No matter how well planned and executed, moving is a scary thing in our business. I once had to move across the street and down half a block, and lost some good clients who "could not find me". Got back all the ones I wanted to take back, but it took a couple of years. The new clients I picked up, tho, made it much easier to take.

You know you do not really WANT it to be that low, or you would simply stop taking them.

Face it, moving so far from the old hometown, it's just more comfortable to build up the base. In a year or two you will cut back, right now you are too pleased to get those referrals. It is natural reaction to being in a new place. No matter how well planned and executed, moving is a scary thing in our business. I once had to move across the street and down half a block, and lost some good clients who "could not find me". Got back all the ones I wanted to take back, but it took a couple of years. The new clients I picked up, tho, made it much easier to take.

You know I didn't really want to know this!

Must be true though

And well I know that I will start to lose the old base just because of distance

Hanging my head in shame....

You won't necessarily lose the old base. I have never moved, but many of my clients have. I am now doing returns in several different states, because once they know that "you can" and they trust you, they are only too happy to stick with you, be it by fax, e-mail, snail mail or whatever it takes. I got the biggest bonus ever this year from a client who had moved from WI to Nebraska. They had a difficult return, but I pulled it off and charged them what I thought was plenty. They sent me an extra $100; left on a cruise and just sent a thank you e-mail last night when they got home.

I, personally, think that it is all these small accolades that keep us doing what we do.....I cannot imagine quitting yet, but I suppose that my mind and/or changes in the software will decide that for me.