ATX Community

DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!! YAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

artp

Done? Are you kidding? I have three new clients coming in today, one client from last year coming in this evening, and I am expecting at least two more from last year. I am never done until April 15th. And then there is all those extensions that I have already filed and it goes on and on and on and on and on!

But I will be thinking about all those who are done, I would like to be done, but I like to eat too! So I will take on as many as I can before the deadline, then I will crash on April 16th!

Deb!

Wrapping up a few minor extensions today, including my own.

Will spend the morning of the 15th reviewing all extensions and making a few reminder phone calls & emails, then leaving early to take my wife to dinner. Looking forward to that most of all.

Finishing my last two today. A few appts for dropping off 8879s and picking up paperwork. Hoping to get everything submitted by this evening so I'm not here all night on the 15th waiting for acks.

Tomorrow should be just waiting for acks and doing my own extension, and working on accounting clients. Then the phones go off for a four-day weekend!!

Gave my last return to clerk for copying. 4 to be picked up. I am DONE. TOAST.

then I have this nagging thought - Just what incentive would convince me to open a new tax file for 2008. Terms such as "national debt" and "all the tea in China" come to mind.

:spaz::spaz:

z

What do you do after tax season? Do you have other jobs? Just curious. My wife is telling me to find a real job after this tax season because it was not great one for me.

Thanks

Helow

After tax season, I work on extensions and get back to my understanding but sorely neglected accounting clients. And I work in my garden for a solid week (coinciding with my daughter's week off of school, 20-24 Apr this year). And I'll train for the bike trip in Idaho in July my sister-in-law sweet-talked me into taking with her.

Then I'll call the electrician to fix some wiring that's been waiting for me to have time to deal, and get my new kitchen faucet installed, and get the house clean, and finish up my stone wall that didn't quite get finished last fall, and go rifle shooting with my husband, and send off my older daughter's college deposits (once she decides where to go!), and.... and..... and...... ack! too much already! :spaz:

So far I have 19 extensions, a record for me. But after Wednesday, I'm all about my son's wedding May 16 and the brunch we are hosting Sunday morning for the out of towners, about 75 people. This winter my husband has been refinishing all the second floor floors and now has to paint the downstairs. The place is a disaster! Stuff is everywhere and full of dust from the sanding. Window washers are coming, landscaper is coming, house cleaners are coming and all the money I earned is going, going, nearly all gone.

But what a wonderful diversion and just 2 weeks after the marathon...

So far I have 19 extensions, a record for me. But after Wednesday, I'm all about my son's wedding May 16 and the brunch we are hosting Sunday morning for the out of towners, about 75 people. This winter my husband has been refinishing all the second floor floors and now has to paint the downstairs. The place is a disaster! Stuff is everywhere and full of dust from the sanding. Window washers are coming, landscaper is coming, house cleaners are coming and all the money I earned is going, going, nearly all gone.

But what a wonderful diversion and just 2 weeks after the marathon...

My full time job is as a tax and cost accountant and shipping manager for a local manufacturing company.....Only do Income taxes for individuals on the side.....As soon as I am done, I actually get time to eat and sleep normally....and excercise to remove my annual tax-time weight gain....17 pounds this season....I got a lot of walking to do!

Going back to teaching local high school Medical Science. Also to RN at the local hospital. I only work on taxes for an accountant during the tax season. Been a long one this year. We will work on extensions in May when the accountant I work for gets back in town. He leaves tonight for the coast. Sending the last of the efiles now.

Just gave out my last return that I finished 2 months ago but they owed and did not want it until now. I should have charges storage. Got to catch up on Payroll Stuff for my regular monthly clients. It is off to the beach for a few days next week. So looking forward to my book, the sand, and little drink with the umbrella in it! Maybe some shrimp, too!

Catherine, my love for you will not diminish just because tax season is nearly

over. I will probably have some questions to post on this board regarding the

extensions I'm responsible for.

Tired (but STILL amorous) Booger

Booger my darling, my love for you will also not diminish. I have some complicated returns on extension that may well require questions of the group (some possibly of the "sanity check" kind -- to which my daughter would say, "don't bother, Mom, we know about your sanity already").

Besides, this group is comprised of my friends and colleagues -- who else am I going to talk to during the workday? My computer? --Oh, wait; I do that already. See my daughter's potential comment, above. :P

So, tired but still amorous Booger, be comforted. I will still be here electronically.

As for this season, everyone left is on extension -- including the one partnership return that has been finished since 3/13 and waiting -- the guy will come pick it up around 9PM tonight (I didn't tell _him_ it was on extension! LOL).

Time to take a small break and then come back and finish folks up! My accounting clients will be glad to see me back, too. (I hope!)

Catherine

ROTFLMAO in response to Margaret and Ray in Ohio!!!

I don't think my husband would take too kindly to the "get a room" comment, however. I have been extremely amused by the protestations of love from Booger, but certainly don't take them as anything other than a continuing gag!

Booger, I hope I haven't broken your heart.....

Catherine

Done? Are you kidding? I have three new clients coming in today, one client from last year coming in this evening, and I am expecting at least two more from last year. I am never done until April 15th. And then there is all those extensions that I have already filed and it goes on and on and on and on and on!

Deb!

I used to do that until I realized that by moving the deadline to April 8th, those who are always late would continue to be "late" but late for April 8th instead of 15th. After several years I moved the date back to April 1st. Began to enjoy my wife's birthday on April 13th and no more stress on the 15th. After being in business for many years, you can dictate the day that you want to finish. Starting out, you have to endure to gain clients, but later you can dictate when you will not accept anymore.

Even when I operated in the Montgomery Ward stores, I was not open on Sunday! We still got the clients, they just came on the days we were open.

It is a matter of attitude and holding to it.