ATX Community

Name and address lists

Pacun

I understand that some companies have mailing lists for each state and demographic groups for sale. I am trying to get a mailing list for people living in Northern Virginia, Washington, DC and parts of Maryland. I want to make a mass mailing and I am wondering if any of you have used any company in particular. Was it worth it? How much does it cost? Did you get labels or just soft listings? If you haven't used any but know of a company, please let me know too.

Here's a company I used to buy lists from for a business purpose. I found them to be very reliable at the time but I haven't dealt with them in several years. I'd probably go back to them if I needed to buy lists again. Maybe someone else can recommend another company or provide recent info on this one for you. http://www.infousa.com/

Thank you for your quick response JohnH. As always, it is a pleasure to hear from you.

I went on line yesterday and I made a list of 1500 mailing addresses. Since, I used restricted demographics, I had to send my promotional document to infousa for approval. For less than $300, I received the list in excel format this afternoon and addresses look good. Now, I need 1500 lables, envelopes and mail stamps. If I am lucky, it will cost me 75 cents per letter and I will see how many replies I get, if any.

Thank you for your quick response JohnH. As always, it is a pleasure to hear from you.

I went on line yesterday and I made a list of 1500 mailing addresses. Since, I used restricted demographics, I had to send my promotional document to infousa for approval. For less than $300, I received the list in excel format this afternoon and addresses look good. Now, I need 1500 lables, envelopes and mail stamps. If I am lucky, it will cost me 75 cents per letter and I will see how many replies I get, if any.

A friend who was a professional fundraiser for many years has been involved in quite a few direct mail campaigns. She always said a 1 - 2% response was pretty good -- but that's asking for money. I think for marketing it's a bit better. If you average about $250 per return, then six new clients puts you in the black for this campaign in terms of direct costs of the mailing. But a 3% return would get you 45 clients.

Good luck!

I understand that some companies have mailing lists for each state and demographic groups for sale. I am trying to get a mailing list for people living in Northern Virginia, Washington, DC and parts of Maryland. I want to make a mass mailing and I am wondering if any of you have used any company in particular. Was it worth it? How much does it cost? Did you get labels or just soft listings? If you haven't used any but know of a company, please let me know too.

The church I was pastoring about 6-7 yrs ago used the post office lists, based on the areas surrounding the church itself. Problem is that you must use all of the addresses derived from them. Got about a 2% response. Just giving you a possiblitity of a list to use.