ATX Community

FeeCollect

Chowdahead

Just discovered today, $11.00 transmit fee.

So, $26 in fees total? ($15 from SBBT and $11 from ATX?)

Also... I called ATX and asked a CS rep if I could use both FeeCollect and RALs from Chase, since Chase doesn't seem to offer any refund transfer products. She said "yes". I'm starting to think she was wrong - the program doesn't seem to allow me to enroll in both. Anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

You can't offer FeeCollect with any other bank product as far as I know. It's one or the other.

I considered FeeCollect, but many of my clients prefer to have me print the checks because they lack accounts. FeeCollect is DirectDeposit only.

And if you're printing checks, does it then have to be a RAL? Or is there a bank you use that allows you to do the equivalent of feecollect, but print out a check in your office? (Chase doesn't seem to offer it.)

And if you're printing checks, does it then have to be a RAL? Or is there a bank you use that allows you to do the equivalent of feecollect, but print out a check in your office? (Chase doesn't seem to offer it.)

Yes, the garbage company that replaced SBBT (Metabank) allows check printing and direct deposit for Refund Transfers (RTs). Basically, it's like FeeCollect, but more expensive at $32 instead of $15. But remember that ATX adds on $21 in fees also. Republic and River City also allow check printing for RTs.

Is this transmitter fee new? I used fee collect for 2007 & 2008 returns and I was charged nothing over the $15 Fee Collect fee.

Elfling

Same here, only I have used FeeCollect since it was made available. Never any transmitter fee. I have not signed up yet, and would like to be sure before I send info to my clients. Does anyone have a clear written statement about the transmitter fee WITH FeeCollect yet? An additional $11 will likely kill my FeeCollect business.

Very confused, and could use some help figuring out how to get my invoices to look right!

1. OK, if I add the "FeeCollect" form to a return, I'm automatically seeing an $11 "CCH Bank Technology Fee" added to my invoices. So I'm guessing that's in addition to the $15 for FeeCollect.

2. But - I don't see the $15 FeeCollect fee showing up anywhere. Have I missed it?

3. How do I get the invoice bottom line amount to autopopulate on the FeeCollect form? (Or must I enter it manually?)

4. What does the "Set E-File Fee" button do on the "Enroll-Bank Products" window? Whatever I type in here never seems to carry to the invoice anywhere.

And one more! What are the "consent to use" and "consent to disclose" worksheets listed on the "enrollment checklist" tab? I don't think FeeCollect will work if the taxpayer hasn't filled those out, but what/where are they?

Man, I wish ATX had a step-by-step for using FeeCollect available somewhere...

Ok... Getting there, by brute force. Turns out for some reason my EFIN wasn't appearing automatically on the 1040 E-File form. Once I got there, everything made a little more sense, and I could see the two "consent" forms. Here's where I'm at:

The $15 FeeCollect Fee technically is paid by the preparer, not the client, so there's no direct entry on the invoice for it. You can add it yourself, I suppose, which is what I'll do.

The $11 transmittal fee has now disappeared from the invoice when I select FeeCollect. So unless ATX is taking that out on their own somehow, I don't think it's being charged. My guess is that customer service just doesn't know very much (neither do I! First year with ATX...) and is getting everyone confused by throwing in bits of misinformation.

As for the "Set E-File" fee button, and the autopopulate to Fee-Collect form issue - I think for FeeCollect, you have to manually enter the bill on the FeeCollect form, and you can add E-file fees manually if you want.

Ok... Getting there, by brute force. Turns out for some reason my EFIN wasn't appearing automatically on the 1040 E-File form. Once I got there, everything made a little more sense, and I could see the two "consent" forms. Here's where I'm at:

The $15 FeeCollect Fee technically is paid by the preparer, not the client, so there's no direct entry on the invoice for it. You can add it yourself, I suppose, which is what I'll do.

The $11 transmittal fee has now disappeared from the invoice when I select FeeCollect. So unless ATX is taking that out on their own somehow, I don't think it's being charged. My guess is that customer service just doesn't know very much (neither do I! First year with ATX...) and is getting everyone confused by throwing in bits of misinformation.

As for the "Set E-File" fee button, and the autopopulate to Fee-Collect form issue - I think for FeeCollect, you have to manually enter the bill on the FeeCollect form, and you can add E-file fees manually if you want.

There is NO transmittal fee when using FeeCollect. Then under "Forms" on the Return Manager screen, click on "Billing Rates" and add your charge to the FeeCollect Form. This has worked for me for the past 4 years.

The program will NOT allow you to e-file until 3 different "consent" forms are marked and filled in, and there must be a dollar amount due on the invoice.

If you need any more help, contact me directly and I will be able to walk you through it.

I have had NO issues with FeeCollect other than one client whose total refund was snagged for back child support. I was NOT charged by FeeCollect, and I had to pursue payment myself. That was not a FeeCollect issue, but a "not so honest" former client issue.

Jack

• 2 weeks later...

first Two fee collects disbursed today.Although not discolosed in any of the disclosures, CCH charged the $11.00 Tech access fee and the bank account fee of $15.00 we were told about. Net cost to Taxpayer $26.00. I am having to refund the $11.00 as not disclosed. 4 more in process then no more. $26.00 is killer for convenience.

first Two fee collects disbursed today.Although not discolosed in any of the disclosures, CCH charged the $11.00 Tech access fee and the bank account fee of $15.00 we were told about. Net cost to Taxpayer $26.00. I am having to refund the $11.00 as not disclosed. 4 more in process then no more. $26.00 is killer for convenience.

Thanks for the warning. Instead of trying to register for Fee Collect, I'll instead tell that stupid pop-up to go away and not come back. When I signed up last year no one used it anyway.

Well, I had one disbursement yesterday and the client received exaclty the amount equal to his refund minus my fee and the $15 fee collect fee. There was no extra $11 showing up anywhere on the SBTG reports I ran there or on the billing or payment info on ATX site for my account there. Not sure where all of you are seeing that extra charge. As for adding it to the return I simply enter my fee on the billing detail then further down check one of the empty options and add the $15 there (my rates are low enough that I have to pass that extra fee on to them - they don't mind). As for the consents they show up on the EFinfo tabs - I just fill them in print them out and give them to the clients along with a copy of the Feecollect they sign for me. Haven't had the fees deposited in my account yet but it usually takes til the following Monday the first few weeks. I've used Feecollect since it was offered years ago.

I tried to copy the disbursement screen but am not that smart. If you are in Bank Manager and look at disbursements there is a tab for "Details" Popup shows the payments and where the money went. "Bank Account Fee" $15.00 Next line is Bank technology fee $11.00. They are corrct, there is no "Transmitter Fee" just $26.00 of other fees. I will call on Monday and see if I can get clarification but I do not anticipate much.

It DOES show up in the place you mentioned Lloyd...odd though that when I do the math on my particular read out there, the $11 dollars doesn't come in though. The refund amount reads correct, then the feecollect fee, the bank technology fee (the $11 we're all confused with), my prep fee is listed correct, then the check disbursement (or deposit amount to the client). The deposit amount to the client is exactly $70 less than the refund amount....which is $55 to me and $15 for Feecollect. I'll have to wait until Monday to see if the $55 goes into my bank account - or if ATX suddenly says I owe them $11....this is indeed very odd and a huge concern for those of us that don't offer bank products but would still like to get paid by the client whose been on unemployment almost all year and is barely making ends meet....guess I may go back to holding checks for long-time clients if they are indeed adding more fees.