ATX Community

O/E Insurance

ILLMAS

I use EZ Insurance Solutions underwritten by a CNA member company. I probably called an ad out of an NAEA publication, as the person signing my letter is in charge of Affinity Insurance Services. For whatever reason, they write my policy out of PA, even thought I'm in CT with the heart of the insurance industry just miles away in Hartford. At any rate, I just keep renewing. I have no claims experience with them. I did find sample engagement letters on their web site.

I went through the process last year of changing my E&O insurance. Received lots of quotes. The best one was the company through my membership in NATP. Can't remember the name, but it too is based in Pennsylvania. I have never had a claim so cannot address that aspect of E&O insurance.

Even with the membership dues to NATP, the total insurance cost was less than any other offer.

Maribeth

Best price I got when I shopped several years ago was from Target Insurance Services (division of The Hartford). It is through the American Tax Preparers Program but I didn't have to join ATP. The price has barely budged in all the years I've had them.

888-888-1613 is the number for Maggie Kores, who coordinates the ATP program. Can't hurt to get a quote.

How do you gage the E&O companies. I looked at the ATP, and seems very reasonable. I called a local agency and rates started at $1000. Does ATP have some sort of insurance rating? I couldn't find anything at NATP without going thru the "we'll give you three quotes deal" and you put all your information in and wait for a call or email. Was there a specific company at NATP, or where to go on the NATP website.

Another questions, does any of these insurance company offer legal advice as part of the package? I remember someone posting a problem they were having with a client and they called their insurance co. for legal advice, is it CNA insurance that offer legal advice?