ATX Community

monday's deadline

michaelmars

I was worried about the 7004 being this first year i decided to efile then and when no acks I mailed yesterday the in the afternoon they all came back accepted. so I guess IRS will have two I did read where IRS only process extension on certain days. I think Monday and Friday not postive. so maybe you will get your acks on monday but if its from 02/26 then I don't know

I always try to file extensions a week early so there's time to correct any problems and/or file on paper. Every year they say it will be fine this year. And every year there is some sort of server bog-down or ack's delay. (Goes for individuals as well as corporations -- all my outstanding 1040's get extended by 4/10.)

If there's no acks today, by all means have a paper 7004 ready for dropping at the PO on Monday.

DID you notice in my first post, some of these were efiled 2/26. and filing paper also doesn't really help when payments are due-i can't tell the client to pay double and then we will get a refund if both extensions wind up being accepted. Even "S" corps in NY have to pay a fee and all 35 of my extensions have fees. and also what if they are actual returns not extension? i think i will paper file 7004's for them on monday with no $$.

i can't tell the client to pay double and then we will get a refund if both extensions wind up being accepted.

You say you filed an extension on 2/26 that had a payment due with it. Was that payment mailed in seperately or was it automatically deducted from their bank account? If it was automatically deducted, which would have happened by now, the deduction shows that the extension was received by the IRS.

You say you filed an extension on 2/26 that had a payment due with it. Was that payment mailed in seperately or was it automatically deducted from their bank account? If it was automatically deducted, which would have happened by now, the deduction shows that the extension was received by the IRS.

THIS PARTicular return is for NY, the IRS is accepted. While NY admits they are having trouble they offer no guidence. Yes there is a payment due but NY in the past took the money up to a week after the deadline on many of my returns so I can't go by that.

This is why I gave up on e-filing anything business related. The only thing I have had any luck with was the filing of 1099's and W-2s everything else never seemed to go right. So, snail mail it is for the returns and any extensions.

Mass. also mandates e-file of business returns, with a $100 fine (in specific cases) if you don't. Grrr.