ATX Community

daycare provider mileage

grandmabee

daycare provider recieves food program reimbursed and takes the standard meal allowance of 1.17 for ea breakfast,2.18 for ea lunch and dinner etc. my question is can she deduct miles for going to grocery stores where she also buys the supplies and other household items? She does keep a mileage log.

thanks for any help

Question is, does she make separate, extra trips to do that shopping? Or, highly more likely, she buys her own groceries at the same time. So no extra expense.

no separate trips.... buys along with own groceries

she has mileage of 8024. lives about 5 miles out of town

this is a large daycare operation. income from daycare is 52,000 then I thought well maybe she would get the same % as she does on the 8829 but think I'm reaching on that one.

I do several day care providers and my thinking is that they go

get grocies for the business and if they pick up something for the

family that is immaterial. Anyone in day care knows how time-consuming

all aspects of the business are. Give her the miles.

You are right, Tom. I really do need a break. It's hard, carrying the whole thing, and also dealing with my husband, who is frustrated that he can not do anything to help, so he 'tries' to help and, like a 4 yr old who wants to help, the help often makes things worse. Then he sulks. Sorry, MN2V, did not mean to sound mean. It's getting late in the season, and the pressure is piling up, it's spring break week so the grandkids are running around my office making a mess, my son and DIL are fighting, and I'm just plain tired of everything.

Think I'll take a break and visit Farmwille!

You are right, Tom. I really do need a break. It's hard, carrying the whole thing, and also dealing with my husband, who is frustrated that he can not do anything to help, so he 'tries' to help and, like a 4 yr old who wants to help, the help often makes things worse. Then he sulks. Sorry, MN2V, did not mean to sound mean. It's getting late in the season, and the pressure is piling up, it's spring break week so the grandkids are running around my office making a mess, my son and DIL are fighting, and I'm just plain tired of everything.

Think I'll take a break and visit Farmwille!

Sounds to me that it is time for "ASAP" "ALWAYS SAY A PRAYER"

No matter how hectic it gets, you need to remember to take care of yourself along with everyone else. You mean a lot to us here on this board, KC, and I hope that you can take enough time to hug the grandkids, love your husband and tune out the fighting so you can de-stress yourself. And remember, de-stress can be arranged to spell desserts! So have a frikken banana pie and smile :P