ATX Community

Efiling 941 2nd quarter

Perhaps I'm too anxious, but I wonder how long it will be until we can efile the 941's for second quarter. Yes, I've updated today and it isn't accepted yet. I guess because of the COBRA credit thing, it's a new form although it looks the same as first quarter efiled. I do note that it is a revision as of 4-2010. I couldn't find any mention on MyATX but maybe looked in the wrong place. Anyone know of anything about this or do we have paper file now?

BTW - have a safe holiday weekend all!

A man showed me his computer the other day. It was made out of wood, about a quarter of an inch in diameter and about 7 inches long. It had graphite going up through the middle of it and the delete button was on the end (made out of rubber). He said a power outage had no effect on it. Maybe I need to trade my computer in on a newer model like his.

The man goes by the name of Wildman and has long white hair and a beard that is platted and reaches well below his waist. He wears a gun belt with two guns and operates a civil war surplus store and museum. This is in Kennesaw, GA where there is a law that requires every household to own a gun. The crime rate there seems to be rather low.

A man showed me his computer the other day. It was made out of wood, about a quarter of an inch in diameter and about 7 inches long. It had graphite going up through the middle of it and the delete button was on the end (made out of rubber). He said a power outage had no effect on it. Maybe I need to trade my computer in on a newer model like his.

The man goes by the name of Wildman and has long white hair and a beard that is platted and reaches well below his waist. He wears a gun belt with two guns and operates a civil war surplus store and museum. This is in Kennesaw, GA where there is a law that requires every household to own a gun. The crime rate there seems to be rather low.

Yes, that would be my uncle Will Wildman from Kennesaw.

We collaborate on innovative technology products.

I keep one just like it in my desk drawer, right beside my abacus. (One never knows when the power's going out right when you need a calculator)

The truth of the matter is that pencils are a mighty handy tool. I do have trouble finding ones with delete buttons that aren't hard and smeary. Have resorted to purchasing the little pointed cap kind that slip on and usually work quite well.

Isaac Asimov wrote a short story long ago about the cold war wherein one side rediscovered doing math using paper and pencil rather than a computer. This gave them a tremendous advantage because they could put a man into a rocket rather than an expensive computer. The day when math will be need to be rediscovered seems to draw closer all the time.....

I do appreciate the utilization of pencils and paper and problem solving using one's brain. It makes me a bit crazy when a store clerk is befuddled if I hand "too much money" over in order to receive a single dollar or some other easy change. Mentally doing the math seems too often beyond their comprehension with total reliance on the cash register to tell them what to do.

Meanwhile, the updated and efilable Form 941 appeared yesterday so I am saved from printing and postage for at least some of these.

Thanks for the good discussion here - it helps to not think about the heat!