ATX Community

ATX 2008

GeorgeM

I have a problem, I have been using TaxWise for the years 2008 and 2009, I purchased a new computer which has Windows 7 64 bit operating system. I tried to load TaxWise 08 and 09 on it. 2009 loaded fine and operates, 2008 will not load and I have been told it will not operate on it.

I received a call from a new client who needs 5 years returns done. I have ATX 1040 for 2005, 2006 and 2007 all have loaded on my computer fine.

I have a CD which has 2008 ATX which was sent to me by ATX for reasons unknown with no packing slip and no code to use the porgram. I have just called ATX and was told by a young lady that 2008 will not operate on this operating system, and she cannot give me an access code because I did not purchase the software. Being a TaxWise customer means nothing to them.

Is there anyone on this board who will allow me to use their access code to be able to prepare a return using ATX 1040 for 2008. I remember back when I was an ATX user we were able to make copies of our discs an give them to others along with the access codes.

My e-mail is [email protected] if anyone can be so kind and allow me the use of their code.

Thank you very much and have a wonderful day/

You may want to call ATX again. I have never had a problem getting an old access code even when I didn't use the software that year. I've been with TRX for 3 years and ATX send out 2007 to all prior users trying to get us to renew. I went with TRX's ATX for 2009 & they sent 2008 for practice. When I converted to a new computer (Windows 7 32 bit), I couldn't use 07 Intellitax or 08 TaxWise. I called ATX and got the codes without any problem. (I don't remember if I got the 2008 code from TRX or ATX.) They won't give out the current year software code automatically, but it shouldn't be a problem for prior years.

If ATX won't give you a code, try TRX.

Good luck.

I am using Windows 7, 64 bit, and I have not had any problem with ATX 2008 or ATX 2007, even though my operating system is not supported. Good luck.

I have the same OS on new laptop and no problem with ATX 2008 or 2009. However, it seems that George doesn't have an unlock code for his CD. I cannot imagine that they would not give it to him except for the fact that he is not currently using ATX but rather Taxwise.