65 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use a smart phone?

• Yes, an iPhone
    • Yes, a Blackberry
    • Yes, a Droid/Android phone
    • Yes, Other device
    • No, nothing of the sort

Alright, I think I'm done.

If anyone's got any questions or having any trouble since the update, gimme a shout.

Here's some stuff that's new. If any of these things sound worthless, speak up, and I'll remove them.

• A mobile template was part of the upgrade, which should automatically be shown if you browse from a phone. If not, it can also be selected at the bottom-left corner of the screen just like the other templates.
  • Rating system on each post. You can vote individual posts up or down to increase or decrease their rating. The icons to do so are in the bottom-right corner of each post. The idea is that higher rated posts are more likely to be accurate/helpful
  • Topic Preview. When you hover over a thread title in the forum, there's a little icon to the right. Clicking it will show you a quick topic preview where you can switch between previewing the first and last posts in the thread without actually going to the thread.

The Rating System icons look like this: add.pngdelete.png

The topic preview icon looks like this: topicpreview.png

There will be one more short maintenance day coming before the end of the year, but I'll try make it as painless as possible since I know it's getting close to that time of the year again.

Eric:

Could you post the above under forum tips so that we can easily find it in the future?

A special thanx as always for doing a super job for us and we do appreciate it.

taxbilly

See my reply above. The Go button isn't needed, it automatically brings you to the page when you select something from the drop down.

It automatically takes you to the page selected if you select a different page than the one you came from. If you came from "General Chat" there is no way to get back to that page easily.

It automatically takes you to the page selected if you select a different page than the one you came from. If you came from "General Chat" there is no way to get back to that page easily.

Ahh, you are right, sorry about that. I don't know why the latest version removed the Go button then. In that case, I think Lion's recommendation is the way to go.

Eric:

Could you post the above under forum tips so that we can easily find it in the future?

A special thanx as always for doing a super job for us and we do appreciate it.

taxbilly

Good idea, and thank you!

• 2 weeks later...