ATX Community

What software you are using for...

Pacun

I would like to know what software you are using and (IF POSSIBLE) how much you are charging for:

Payroll (are in preparing FUTA, SUTA forms and issuing W-2)

Balance sheets

Income statements

Registering companies (getting FEIN, registering company with State)

I only prepare taxes and some 1099-misc (with the new requirements, all preparers will need to file 1099-misc for clients).

Last question: How much of those can ATX MAX package do from the shelter?

I use Medlin www.medlin.com for payroll. I do my payroll reports from therein. Very inexpensive and dynamic program. Around $50 for year. I do my W-2 and 1099 forms from within ATX MAX. I do my balance sheets, year end reports and cash flow reports with Quicken.

Most of my clients do their own bookkeeping and I don't have a huge amount of payroll. It comes and goes as many of my clients are seasonal.

I use quickbooks, I am a pro-advisor so I buy the program every year and I am very happy with the fact, that it is one stop shop program, you can prepare payroll, prepare quarterly and year-end forms (W-2's, 1099 etc..). You can also use it to efile forms, but it requires registering each client with the IRS. For efiling my 2009 client info, I found easier using ATX, and it was a simple process importing the info from QB, then uploading to the SSA website and submitting them. I also use QB as a write-up program once in a great while for those clients that do their accounting and again I find it very easy to use. I recommend Medlin to a client because it was inexpensive, but I think this program is great if your clients are in California, I had to prepare the state forms using ATX, where in QB you can have access to most states. This year the cost of the software + payroll service went up, but for me it pays for itself in one quarterly payroll form processing. The only downfall I see, that if your client process their own payroll they have to buy at least the basic payroll service which is just under $300, but with the basic payroll service you cannot prepare any payroll forms (941's, W-2 etc...). I contact my clients once the quarter is over and have them email me a backup, then I process their forms.