ATX Community

Check In if You're Done

JohnH

Janitor Bob and Old Jack- I could only imagine what you looked like, having read your posts last 2 years. I must say your photos are EXACTLY as I imagined, you are both handsome, in a special kind of way.

Thanks JB and John H for a nice chuckle the last day of the season ! (from some posts I don't remember)

Got back the last ACK an hour ago, and only 1 extension.... think that is my best ever. After a celebration (9 hours of sleep IS a celebration), now its time to catch up on accounting and payroll, some of my January statements are not done yet...... think that is my worst ever. But clients don't seem to mind.

THANKS ERC for this miraculous recovery. Thanks ATXers, seems like most of the regulars have found their way here. Adios til fall probly.

I am done now. all extensions are accepted and all returns accepted, picked up etc.

I did have one phone call today and told them they must have the wrong #. They called me at home and woke me up... lol

I too love this board and all of you...

Marge

No clue how we made it through this season.

My wife and I completed a total of 980 tax returns plus 25 extensions.

2,217 E-files including federal and states...and only ONE permanent e-file reject error

(because a clients identity was unkowingly stolen a week before she filed her taxes...)

Now that the last of the ACKs are ACCEPTED...

Finally, the 20 hour days are over...

We are done.

Time to SLEEP :)

Had a friend/new client ask me last month if I'd do his return, he lives on the other side of the country. I've called him a few times up til yesterday, letting him know he needs to get his stuff to me. Left me a vm tonight (4/18) at 10 pm, saying 'I was waiting til the season was over to call you, now that it is, can I send you my stuff so you can do my return?'

Huh?

I sent him a message saying yes, and I'd call him tomorrow. So, I have 2 on extension, 1 on it's way, but I'm not touching any of them til next week or the week after.

Daisy

It is now Fri the 20th where are these people coming from. I have gotten new ones everyday since I declared myself on vacation. Lady showed up at my house this morning. She hands me two big manilla envelopes. One is marked 2005 and the other 2006. She said take your time I know we are late. Then she is going to leave. I said hey lady, who are you??? Got the pertinent info and told her I would call her sometime between now and October.. lol she didnt seem to care.

I am sick of tax returns right now...

Marge

It is now Fri the 20th where are these people coming from. I have gotten new ones everyday since I declared myself on vacation. Lady showed up at my house this morning. She hands me two big manilla envelopes. One is marked 2005 and the other 2006. She said take your time I know we are late. Then she is going to leave. I said hey lady, who are you??? Got the pertinent info and told her I would call her sometime between now and October.. lol she didnt seem to care.

Marge

I have one, at least I know her, she asked me in Jan. if I'd do her return for 2005 and 2006, she received a 1099 misc in 05 and didn't know how to do it, so she just didn't. She's been thinking that she probably should get it done. That was in Jan., each month she calls me and says she can't find any of her paperwork for either year, but don't worry, it's already late, when she finds it she will give me a call.

Daisy

All extensions are filed. All Acks are in . I was feeling good until this morning when a gentleman came in with a tax question. Seems his wife had convinced him that ( are you ready for the line?) "when you turn 72 you don't have to file taxes any more". The man is 85 and hasn't filed in 13 years. Has farm cash rent income of $36K plus interest, etc. Looks like I have a summer project.

I JUST LOVE THIS BUSINESS!!!

Funny you should bring up extensions. I reminded a client at church this AM that I was still waiting for his refi points from his 2003 return so I could set up the amortization on Sched A (about $100/yr). He's a new client who had been self-preparing and didn't know about how to handle points, so he just ignored them. He said he'd been trying to get out the Settlement Statement but was busy and hadn't been able to get around to it.

So I told him there's no hurry on my end - we have until Oct 15 to file the return. It's just a manner of when he wants his $6K refund. That seemed to get his attention - maybe he's looking for the info as I write this.

Funny you should bring up extensions. I reminded a client at church this AM that I was still waiting for his refi points from his 2003 return so I could set up the amortization on Sched A (about $100/yr). He's a new client who had been self-preparing and didn't know about how to handle points, so he just ignored them. He said he'd been trying to get out the Settlement Statement but was busy and hadn't been able to get around to it.

So I told him there's no hurry on my end - we have until Oct 15 to file the return. It's just a manner of when he wants his $6K refund. That seemed to get his attention - maybe he's looking for the info as I write this.

It is always amazing how the sound of a train whistle when you're stuck on the tracks and the symbols $6K evoke nearly the same reaction.