ATX Community

Check In if You're Done

JohnH

Couldn't say this when I started the topic, but now I can.

I just returned from the Post Office - mailed my last few extensions (including my own).

Nothing waiting to be picked up by clients.

And I just burned a backup CD and placed it in my car, plus duplicates on 2 flash drives.

I'm officially done.

I'm still waiting for two ACKs, but I'm at work so I can't check. The IRS has not yet sucked my payment out of my checking account for my own return, though. All my extensions are done. Yesterday, I actually did some yard work. I like doing yard work. Its my first exercise since January.

Joan

3 returns on extension, and 2 of the 3 are complete. So really only 1 that needs work. My tax season was over last week. Got the final ack on extension on Sun.

My 'extras' that go with the new laptop are starting to arrive. Nothing like a new toy to reward myself.

Just back from dropping off the last completed return and mailing the last 2 extensions.

As I walked in the door, the phone was ringing. Thought about ignoring it, but just couldn't. A voice on the other end started asking "Is it too late..." by that time I was laughing 'cause I immediately recognized the client whose return I had just dropped off. If I didn't know better I would've thought he was at the end of the block watching for me to get home! He then thanked me again and told me to have a drink on him tonight. My reply: You and every other tax client! And I'm not getting up till noon tomorrow!

Last return picked up, paid for and efiled as of 3:30 pm today. My husband and I went out to dinner, looking forward to a hot bath... On the drive home, my cell phone rings. A gentleman says: is this Pam? I answer yes, he says "are you driving a white mini van?" Yes, I say. He says I saw you just now on the road.... do you have time to do my tax return before midnight?

I guess it is back to the office for me. I should have taken my magnetic signs off the van sooner!!

Pam

Pam..that is just too funny! I think I am done. Had five extensions filed and just finished one of those and filed it. Great to be with all of you and I have to say that the tenor of this board is so much friendlier and kinder than the old one. So.....good things DO come to those who wait and we didn't have to wait long. But never expected a treasure like this forum. Thanks again Erc and all participants...have the rest of you noticed that things just keep getting better and more user friendly on this board? :)

I was wrong; must have been really bleary when I checked this morning; I AM done! all extensions, and efiles accepted. All on extension have been informed that I will not so much as LOOK at a tax return for the next week!

And for the next two weekends, no one is allowed in the office either.

Last one pickup their return at 4:50 today and was rushing to the post office with check inserted in the state envelope. Waiting on an ACK for an extension. But still have those that were e-filed waiting to be picked up. Everyone enjoy the off season, I will be looking at other tax programs. Wish those who are considering changing to discuss it here. C an't wait to get a massage. I really enjoy this board and the friendships developed even if we never meet.

WHHHHEEEE!

just finished e-filing the last return - e-filed 130 extensions + 6 mail

and went to the irs site to find out that I can file timely to midnight - MY time!

So I am going to file 1 or 2 more,,,

Wed is son's condo closing (P.Rep)and anoother son's Athletic Banquet, thurs - I have to do 2 nasty IRS and WI responses... Fri is fair animal weigh-in - 6 sheep and 2 piggies

Sat - clean house? Can't even find it

Mon is the WI response for client for 8 years back

Tues is the IRS 3rd nasty audit appointment and then on to finish...

I'm here all year

And on top of that I am supposedly the general contractor substitute for the 36 x 24 milkhouse and sheep milking parlor, we broke ground for Sun in the middle of tax ending and concrete gets poured Fri? and start milking ETA - June 1

looking for animal handlers if you'all want a good time!

I lied!!!! Had a reject this AM.....the first of the season and no rejection errors apparently. Went to web to check e file status. Just said Rejected by ATX; basically said, "Fix IT!" Fix What? said I......well with a sick stomach started to go over the return; a new one this year and one of the last ones in. Braid Dead here put the wrong SS# in for primary taxpayer. Where I got that number from, I have no clue. How did ATX know it was wrong is what is bothering me now. However, current status is Validated by ATX. The other thing was State stand alone returns that I was unable to e file. Found out that I had to check a box in options telling them not to hold state e files. What is going on? I have been using this software since 1995. Anyhow, CA return is on its way after I printed and made an envelope up last night (all the time thanking God that I had filed and received an extension). I am in WI; this client is in CA. Had to wait for him to e mail the signed 8879. Enough rambling. Everyone have a great off-Tax Season. :unsure: :unsure: