ATX Community

program updates

Marie

I do manual updates every morning, and for the last few days there have been program updates. Why so many now? And it doesn't prompt me to restart my computer after program updates like it used to. Is everything all right, and is this happening to everyone with ATX? Just curious and want to make sure I'm ok.

Form updates usually don't require a restart of the program, the restart thing is when there is an update to the actual program. Think of it as Windows update, critical updates require and full restart.

MAS

Marie was talking about program updates in addition to form updates. Yes Marie, I am experiencing the same as you and was wondering about it as well. I have been disappointed in a few destructive updates this year - specifically to the Billing Invoice and Schedule E.

"I'm having the same experience. Everything seems to be working OK here also."

Same. I checked ATX and the Website says last program update was 2/23! I know I have had at least one since that time, K-1's were not flowing and C/S said a program update was in the works and it happened without a restart.

Just checked and another program update. I have had problems with K-1, ptshp deprec and 179 deductions flowing correctly to Sch E. They appear correct on the Sch SE. Now the asset entry screen, used with global settings - when I choose an alt deprec and mark the box, it is affecting prior years and changing that years method also, when it should be leaving it as put in the prev year. I've email support, but other times I have asked support, no results, no explanations.